Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Eczema & egg whites

Calories eaten yesterday: 1311
Fat: 29g (21%)
Carbs: 101g (32%)
Protein: 141g (45%)

Weight this morning: 136 (One week ago: 136.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 87

My butt and inner thighs are so sore from yesterday's workout it is not even funny. Still, back to the gym tomorrow, but just for upper body. I'm going to avoid lower back and calves because those exercises also target the butt.

I'm been having an eczema flare-up again. This seems to have been triggered by the sudden colder temperatures and a dry cold at that. I even had some cracking and bleeding. I did not want to see a doctor, so I've been using antibacterial ointment on my knuckles and the larger bendy area of my fingers, then wearing plastic gloves over them all night. It seems to have helped. I also use moisturizer all over my hands.

Egg white recipe:
I've finally found a way to make egg whites palatable. I can't afford Egg Beaters when whole eggs are much cheaper. So I separate out five egg whites. I add frozen chopped onions and frozen bell pepper strips. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and two tablespoons hot sauce. Nuke in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval. When cooked, top with a slice of fat free cheese and nuke about 15 seconds more to melt the cheese. Eat. :) Low in calories, no fat, only a few carbs, and very high in protein. :)

I've been trying to perfect this recipe and glad I finally have something I like. The biggest problem with egg whites is they have no taste, so lots of spices are needed.

I've been fighting something all week. If I have to reschedule my blood donation for another week I will be so disappointed.

The staff dinner (off plan day) date has been announced - Tuesday, December 18. I'm actually kind of psyched about this one because it will be at Applebee's. I'll get a side salad and the Teriyaki Steak 'N Shrimp Skewers from their Weight Watchers menu, subbing the rice for extra veggies and leaving off the teriyaki sauce (it's pure sugar). This will work, and work well. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: