Thursday, December 06, 2007

My bad day

Calories eaten yesterday: 1324
Fat: 33g (23%)
Carbs: 96g (30%)
Protein: 144g (45%)

Weight this morning: 133.8 (One week ago: 133)
Calories burned in exercise today: 101

First, the rant of the day:
More craziness on the NS board. I'd put up a link, but you have to be registered just to read there. This time it's an insane wanna-be vegan. I swear to God these people are seriously lacking some nutrients to act the way they do. I posted on a vegetarian thread that I agreed that putting fish oil is the vegetarian entrees was wrong. Another girl posted and said she was a wanna-be vegan. Curly Jessie explained that you can't really do NS as a vegan due to the dairy products in their entrees. I simply said that I didn't feel veganism was healthy or natural - it's not the way our bodies were designed to function. Humans are omnivores and I believe we enjoy the best health on that kind of diet.

Anyway, Ms. Wanna-Be Vegan took offense at that. I had some concerns, which a couple other people were able to answer in an intelligent and non-confrontational manner, but Ms. Vegan Girl didn't (couldn't?) answer. I wonder if she even knows why she wants to be vegan or if it's some sort of in vogue thing with her friends or something. She comes across as quite young. [Edit: It turns out she's 33. I find that quite frightening. She also loves potatoes and sugar according to her profile page. Yep, a true carb addict who doesn't know it and wouldn't care if she did.]

This has been a horrible day for me. It's cold and rainy and gray. It took me nearly an hour to get to the grocery store. I barely had time to wash my veggies and cook my NS pancakes. I didn't have time to eat them with sugar-free syrup, so I sprinkled some flavored Splenda over them while they cooked and popped them in a baggie to eat on the bus. They were good that way.

It took me an hour and a half to get to work. The first bus broke down (brakes weren't working well in the rain) and we had to wait for the next. I really needed to stop at Walmart and that made me about 10 minutes late. Otherwise I would have made it just in the nick of time.

moneyToday's payday and all that money (plus some) is already gone. I e-mailed Jon about cashing in my comp time (5 days total), plus another 5 days of vacation time. That would give me the equivalent of a full paycheck. I may even be able to buy a new digital camera. My old one is very outdated and some of the features (like zoom) broke ages ago. Anyway, until I get that check I can't buy anything or even pay any bills, but they should get me the check next week. I am also waiting on checks from my Dad and the mortgage brokers.

Oh...I almost forgot to mention a milestone. Today marks three years since I started taking Celexa. Unlike the Zoloft, this hasn't pooped out and I haven't had to increase the dosage. Of the medications I've been on, this is definitely the best.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: