Monday, December 03, 2007

Week 38, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1169
Fat: 24g (19%)
Carbs: 88g (31%)
Protein: 137g (48%)

Weight this morning: 139.2 (One week ago: 139.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 337

A photo I took is on aviation.com. The story is The Top 10 Most Obnoxious Hidden Airline Fees. My photo is under #2 - getting a seat assignment. Be sure to check it out! I'm famous. :)

Tomorrow is my scheduled lower body workout, but I went in and did it today and after all the exercise and extra walking yesterday, I felt it! My legs were like jello when I finished an hour later. I decided that my legs couldn't handle a hard cardio workout so I just did the stationary bike for 30 minutes. I had my protein shake, hopped the train, and then walked the last 1.5 miles to work. FitDay says 337 calories burned.

I'm trying to do extra exercise this week for a few reasons:

1) The new month (and a new monthly step goal) started on my day off, so I am behind in my steps and need to catch up.

2) I ran the numbers and gained 7 pounds in November. I must get that off. I know it was because of vacation and then Thanksgiving.

3) I have a planned binge day this Friday so I need to burn extra calories to make up for it.

Also, the Sunday morning person is quitting, meaning some Sunday overtime for me, meaning missing my workout that day until they hire someone new. I need the money, but I also really need the exercise with the holidays here.

Oh, when I did the walking lunges today (something I haven't done in a while) they seemed easier. I used to lunge up the ramp and then need to rest about halfway back down. This time I did almost three full sets (up and back down), only resting at the top and bottom! :) So I really think I am getting stronger. :)

I think I might be seeing some definition in my thighs, too. Dare I hope that all my work might actually be paying off?

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: