Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday plans & dieting

Calories eaten yesterday: 1211
Fat: 25g (19%)
Carbs: 102g (35%)
Protein: 136g (46%)

Weight this morning: 139.6 (One week ago: 147)
Calories burned in exercise today: 176

Ran into the City today to check my mail, then walked to work from the train station. I stopped at Pac N Save, bought salad, continued to work, dropped everything off, and went back to WalMart to buy Christmas lights (none of the ones I had worked) and bread. An hour of aerobic steps. :)

I'm getting the holidays planned out. Dec. 7 I give blood. This traditionally means a total off plan day. Brad and I are both very poor, so restaurants are out. We're going to eat fast food for dinner because that's all we can afford. I hope to minimize that binge to one meal, but I will allow myself a Starbucks treat if I get my butt out of the house early enough to make the 30 minute walk to the closest one (and get back over the bridge to the bus stop.

Christmas Eve - don't know yet. Have to work late, so hopefully I will be on plan. Christmas Day I have to work. My co-worker and I will have a low-carb, low-fat dinner with one exception - I'll allow myself one big serving of egg nog. This is the only time in the whole year I have that.

New Year's Eve will be low-carb, but not low-fat. New Year's is the one time a year I allow myself brie cheese. I have to work late, but I should be able to get off by 9 p.m. so I can get home in time to get in my jammies and celebrate. I hope to be on plan until 9 pm. New Year's Day I'll be back on plan and back at the gym.

Then my b-day is January 11 (I'll be 37 - eek!)and that is truly a "eat whatever I want all day" sort of thing, and I refuse to feel guilty about that. :)

Other than those days I will be on plan and more serious than ever to help minimize the damage.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: