Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trolls, and friends

Calories eaten yesterday: 1284
Fat: 41g (29%)
Carbs: 89g (28%)
Protein: 133g (42%)

Weight this morning: 131.4 (One week ago: 131.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 257

A new low! Woohoo! My previous low was 131.6. :) I hope it doesn't bounce up tomorrow.

I am so done with the Alli message boards. They are heavily moderated to the point of silliness. I had one message rejected twice - first for "personal information" (my first name and Web site URL). So I took out my name and the URL and tried to repost it. This time it was rejected for breaking the group rules. WTF?!? All I tried to post was my personal experience on a lower-carb diet, but hey - why let the truth stand in the way of a good lie - the lies about diet we have been told all our lives. The mods there are so typical of many people - give them a little power and it goes to their heads. *sigh* Some people's children. No wonder America is the fattest country on earth.

It's best to try to lose weight via low-fat and not break our root addiction. After all - that would make sense. We are a nation of carb addicts who have been brainwashed that we aren't really addicted, that the foods we crave are healthy. Um...no. Otherwise we wouldn't be fat. Duh!

One of my problems with NutriSystem is that it doesn't encourage people to break their addictions to the food that made them fat. It just encourages them to eat "healthy" carbs and includes desserts that are full of sugar. Many even have high fructose corn syrup! How is that going to help them keep the weight off when they are still addicted?

I've also had recent trouble on the Yahoo Seventh Day Baptist group I moderate. We've had a particularly annoying troll who finally left and then came back and started spamming the group again. I finally banned him but not before he has mined a bunch of members' e-mail addresses. After I banned him I got a couple e-mails from him, which I ignored. He wants to save me from Christianity. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with Jesus, thanks. :)

A friend from Southern California is going to be in town this weekend for a salsa dancing conference. We hope to get together while he is here either Friday or (more likely) Saturday night. Saturday he is going out to dinner with some of his church friend and I (and Brad) are invited.

He's from the United Church of God, so while I don't know if he is saved or not, I do not doubt his love for God. The United Church of God is an offshoot of the Worldwide Church of God, and is filed under the WCG at this link (scroll down past the ads). The link includes information on the WCG and the splinter groups.

I'll be back Sunday with a full report and any photos I take, plus my weigh-in. Have a good weekend everyone!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Awwwwwwwwwweeesooome!!!!!!!!! Woooow!!

YEAAAAh!! You'll see 130 soon!!! Great JOB.!!

CONGRATS, SUCCESS GIRL. THE LORD BLESSED YOU WELL!!