Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Week 37, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1307
Fat: 30g (21%)
Carbs: 105g (33%)
Protein: 145g (46%)

Weight this morning: 134.6 (One week ago: 138.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 216

Today was a non-gym day but I had it free so I went anyway. I did the half hour treadmill program from Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine, then walked at 4.0 mph for another half hour. No weight training. I hope to do upper body and core tomorrow.

Got spammed by another crazy diet person on Flickr. She has no profile and no pictures so her sole purpose on Flickr is to spam people and direct people to her MySpace profile. This one was ranting about how great organic is and how she's losing a pound a day. I hate to break the news, but losing a pound a day isn't healthy and you will ruin your metabolism from the loss of muscle mass and putting your body into starvation mode. I blocked her, which deletes all her comments, and then reported her to Flickr.

She also ranted about how unhealthy Starbucks, Atkins, and NutriSystem are and how the chemicals I eat will change my genetics. [rolls eyes] This girl needs to read some actual books instead of crazy Web sites.

Here's a sampling of her "work."
Low-carb, no-carb, fat-free, low-fat, natural, are all false labels. This kind of food will make you sick and fat, guaranteed!

The rest of what she wrote was in the same vein. The fact that she mentions "no carb" proves she has no clue what she is talking about. You can tune out everything else when someone starts spouting "no carb" nonsense.

Guaranteed to make me fat, eh? Funny because I don't look fat. :-D

I really wonder what is lacking in these people's diets that makes them do this sort of thing. I don't see that behavior among low-carbers, I guess from the good nutrition they get. :)

I'm still getting my tree up. I have the lights on it and I put the garland on today. The garland is made of red beads (kind of like these). I haven't had a chance to step back and make any needed adjustments yet. Once that's done I can start on the ornaments.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

It is a wonder how many people speak about things that they do not know.

Hey, you'll achieve your goals even with your fluctuations. You're doing so well, you have to stress on the the fews pounds gained. =-)