Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Reformation Day, and weight loss photos

Calories eaten yesterday: 1321
Fat: 34g (24%)
Carbs: 103g (33%)
Protein: 136g (43%)

Weight this morning: 132.2 (One week ago: 132.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 100

I was real happy with my weight this morning until I saw that it was exactly the same as a week ago. :-p The bloat is going down a little though, so I am feeling a bit better about myself. It's still there, but not as bad as it was.

I had no money for groceries so I slept in today. I did need salad and cottage cheese though so I stopped at Pac N Save on my walk to work from the train and used my last $3 on salad and raided the quarter jar (need quarters for laundry) for $5 for the cottage cheese.

Back to the gym tomorrow.

Speaking of weight loss I've been putting together some before and after photos of my weight. Today I spotted the Polaroid of me taken right after I started working out. Other than my eyes being closed it's a good shot and really shows how heavy I was. So I took a picture of it. Here are two sets of befores and afters I put together. The "photo of the photo" is the first picture in the second set. Click the photos for a larger size.

before & after - about 70 pounds lost
August 9, 2003 - around 200 pounds and still gaining
September 7, 2007 - 132.4 pounds

Feb. 2004 to Aug. 2007 - 65 pounds lost
February 24, 2004 (about 206)
August 1, 2007 (about 140)
I went from size 16W (like an 18) to size 8.

Since this is a Christian blog, instead of celebrating Halloween today, I'm celebrating Reformation Day. Wikipedia has this to say about it:

On this day in 1517, Martin Luther posted a proposal at the doors of a church in Wittenberg, Germany to debate the doctrine and practice of indulgences. This proposal is popularly known as the 95 Theses, which he nailed to the Castle Church doors. This was not an act of defiance or provocation as is sometimes thought...Also, the theses were written in Latin, the language of the church, and not in the vernacular.

Read the whole entry.

English translation of the 95 Theses and photo of original.

All I am doing for Halloween is wearing bunny ears, and of course I'm working.

We had an earthquake yesterday! It happened at 8:04 pm. I felt it and it lasted a really long time - it just rolled and rolled, not too much shaking. Here's the details from the USGS site. It reminded me of the Loma Prieta quake in 1989 except a much smaller magnitude. 5.6 is considered "moderate." The epicenter is a bit south from me and happened on the Calaveras fault.

I want to see the new movie Into the Wild! It's based on the book of the same name by Jon Krakauer. I loved the book (I highly recommend reading it!) so I definitely want to see the movie. Don't know if I will be able to see it in the theaters or not, but if not I will definitely catch it on Pay Per View.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really admire your dedication to weight loss and healthy eating. It's definitely something I need to work on myself. I live in the Bay area too. (east Bay) Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,

Carol

Andy said...

I felt that quake too!

I was at work, in a room with a 2 ton crane on rails above my head. It rattled for at least 20 seconds. (if I recall)

Hope all is well...