Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 34, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1246
Fat: 39g (29%)
Carbs: 99g (33%)
Protein: 117g (38%)

Weight this morning: 133.8 (One week ago: 132.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 205

Well, it's official. I am a fat pig. I am really depressed about my weight gain which is all in my tummy. I don't know why because I am eating so little already. I used to gain at 1600 calories a day and now I am gaining at 1400! I weigh 140 and work out 6 days a week. How can I gain at just 1400?!? :( So I'm trying to cut back again.

I've also read that BCAAs cause an insulin spike. Last Saturday I ate a 100 Calorie Pack and charted my blood sugar. This Saturday I will start the day with my protein shake and see how that effects my blood sugar. My protein shake has whey protein (naturally high in BCAAs), plus I toss in some BCAA powder.

I want just enough of an insulin spike after my workout to shuttle the protein to the cells, but not so much that it causes fat storage.

I think I'll vary my breakfasts just in case the soy protein in the NS eggs is causing me problems. I could also have 1 cup of cottage cheese (180 calories), french toast - low carb bread dipped in three egg whites - Walden Farms syrup, and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese (220 calories), or cook my own eggs (1 whole egg and 3 whites) with a 1/2 cup cottage cheese (230 calories).

I asked on the Alli board yesterday if Alli can cause abdominal bloating but they said that was not a side effect, so the search goes on.

My usual week is something like this:
Sunday - 1 hour of weights, upper body; 30 minutes cardio
Monday - 1.5 mile walk (about 30 minutes)
Tuesday - 1 hour of weights, lower body; 30 minutes cardio
Wednesday - 1.5 mile walk (same as Monday)
Thursday - 1 hour weights, upper body; 30 minutes cardio
Friday - 4-6 mile walk with friend (1 1/2 to 2 hours)
Saturday - rest day

On a good week I can keep to the schedule, but sometimes things interfere, but I do usually make it to the gym three days a week and walk 3 days a week.

My weight training is pyramids - 1 set 10-12 reps, raise weight and do 8-10 reps, raise weight again and do 6-8 reps.

Today was Tuesday so I did lower body followed by 30 minutes of cardio. I chose the rowing machine and lasted 23 minutes on it. I finished out the 1/2 hour with 7 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill (4.0 mph). I got dressed and had my protein shake and a high-GI carb serving when I got to the train station.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: