Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Week 30, Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 1399
Fat: 32g (21%)
Carbs: 108g (32%)
Protein: 159g (46%)

Weight this morning: 133.6 (One week ago: 134.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 245

A new low for a Tuesday. Yay! Incidentally, last Tuesday (134.6) was also a new low for a Tuesday. The previous Tuesday low was 134.8 way back on July 24. And now I am finally seeing 134 or less on a Tuesday! Yay me!

Went to the gym and did a lower body workout. This torched my legs pretty bad and I had a difficult time getting through my cardio. I finally settled for 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes walking at 4.0 mph.

Tomorrow is no gym and perhaps some grocery shopping, then back to the gym for an upper body workout Thursday. Friday Brad and I hope to hit Huckleberry Park since we haven't done it yet. We have driven past it to get to Sibley and Tilden.

Well, I had a 100 Calorie Pack of the Oreos after my workout today. Gosh those things are good, and I know I am doing something good for my body. High GI-carbs after weight training are the one time when "bad carbs" are a good thing. I also get the "good for me" feeling when I snuggle down in bed after eating my nightly 1/2 cup of cottage cheese - cottage cheese is 80% casein protein so it's an amino acid drip for your muscles throughout the night. :)

Oh, I got another compliment at the gym today from one of the men I see there often. As I walked by he said, "Hi Slimmy." I just said hi back and kept on walking, but boy did that boost my ego!

After taking a break from my last round of diet pills I started in on the Lean System 7 (review) bottle this morning. I had some results from it last time. Don't know if it was a fluke or not but I thought I'd give it another try. Hopefully I'll see some good results.

More NutriSystem food reviews:
Sour Cream and Onion Soy Chips snack - These were okay, but I like the Nacho Crisps better. The first ingredient is soy flour, which bloats me, so I will eat just one per week and hope I can get away with that. These were given to me free and not something I would have bought. 100 calories, 10g net carbs, and 9g protein.

White Cheddar Soy Chips snack - Another okay food. A bit bland, and I like the Nacho Crisps better. The first ingredient is soy flour, which bloats me. 110 calories, 11g net carbs, and 9g protein.

Strawberry Toaster Pastry and Apple Toaster Pastry breakfast - The first two ingredients are wheat flour and high fructose corn syrup. Since when is high fructose corn syrup a low-GI ingredient? Since when was 18g of sugar healthy for anybody? These were given to me by someone and are not on the diabetic program that I signed up for. 180 calories, 3.5g fat, 32g carbs, 4g fiber (28g net carbs), 18g sugar, 8g protein.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Heather LaPeer said...

Hey, good luck with all this, I know how hard it is to deal with carbs, so I was wondering if you have ever heard of something called insulin resistance. I was dieting all the time, at about 1300 calories, 2 hours of biking, an hour jog, and situps and pushups, and I lost no weight. It seems like you have been trying so hard. I found out I had a condition called insulin resistence, and as long as I stay below 125 carbs a day (which is hard) calories don't matter, and the weight melts off. I lost two pounds last week alone. I didn't read all of your posts, but I thought that might be an idea. All you need to do is take a two hour glucose test. I dunno I hope it helps, good job so far, I find your efforts astounding, and I'll be praying for you.

Arthur_of_Old said...

She is well experienced there. Near expert in the diet and muscle building. =-D I know.

Unknown said...

Rene - Yes, I had a 2 hour Glucose Tolerance Test and I am not insulin resistant. In fact, after 3 years of low-carbing my insulin levels were LOW, but my blood sugar was normal, meaning that it takes less insulin to keep my blood sugar in range than the average person. Insulin resistant people need more insulin to keep blood sugar in range, which is why restricting carbs is so helpful.

The sad fact is that I am an endomorph - endomorphs have an easy time gaining fat, a hard time losing it, and a hard time gaining muscle. It's basic genetics and something I will always have to fight against to maintain a normal weight.

My medication (which makes me hungry and crave carbs) doesn't help any. It's just one more thing to fight.

Arthur_of_Old said...

Oh, what in the world am I thinking!! I didn't congratulate you on your wonderful milestone and accomplishment; your majesty please pardon that thoughtless act! =-)Great job and congratulations on your steadfast pursuit of pummeling pounds and fighting fat.

Actually, you have almost reached the goal of all goals; getting to and maintaining your lowest weight attained.

Viva, viva Victoria!!!!! Another goal gone grandiosely!!! Ok, enough alliteration. It's your fault. ;-)