Monday, October 15, 2007

More on Alli

Calories eaten yesterday: 1321
Fat: 34g (22%)
Carbs: 56g (16%)
Protein: 209g (61%)

Weight this morning: 137.8 (One week ago: 134.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 87

Lost a bunch of water weight yesterday. Yay! :) Back to near goal again. Need to keep on pounding the water the rest of the week, though.

First, my life:
I lost the chip on my shoe, the one from Bay To Breakers! Well, the chip is still there, tied through my shoelaces, but the faceplate is gone! I loved that thing; that's why I had it on my shoe all the time. I searched the building but I can't find it and don't know where I lost it. :( I look at my shoe a lot while walking so I probably lost it close by, probably somewhere between WalMart and here. :(

I have decided that I am too old for blue hair to "work" for me anymore. I am letting it fade and when I recolor it will be something from Clairol, lol! In order to get some of the current green color out I had my hair chopped today - a real short bob cut. In order to be able to use my credit card I had to get the shampoo and dry as well so the price would be high enough. The total for shampoo, cut, and blow dry came to $33. I'll have somebody take pics and post them.

AlliOkay, my first report on Alli. I wanted to test out the "treatment effects" it might give me, so I took a mini cup of peanuts (about 3 oz.) home from church on Saturday. Shortly before 8 p.m. I took an Alli pill and ate the peanuts. I waited...and waited...and waited. Nothing happened. Nada. Zip. Zilch. No side effects, no oily discharge. Nothing. I know Alli is half of the prescription strength, so I want to repeat the test using two tablets. That will have to wait at least a week.

I bought some more Alli today - a 120 capsule refill. That should last me a while. The 60 capsule starter pack can be bought off the shelf, but the 90 capsule starter pack and the 120 capsule refill are at the pharmacy counter so I had to ask for it. The woman behind the counter (who was overweight) said it didn't look like I needed it and that I looked good (aw, thanks for the ego boost!). I said I was just trying to get the last five pounds off and she said this would help. The photo above is the starter pack I bought except that I got the 60 capsule and that's the 90 capsule version.

I stuck it in my bag and put the receipt away, intending to walk out without showing my receipt (you have to show your receipt because people will steal things). The alarm went off and I dug out my receipt to the show the lady. She said, "Oh, it's those diet pills." I was so embarrased! I don't mind asking at the pharmacy counter, but the receipt checker doesn't need to know and the alarm going off makes it seem to anybody nearby that I might be trying to steal. So buying it - no problem. Having the alarm go off and having the person checking the receipt know I was buying Alli. Not so good.

By the way, Alli does have an official forum on their Website, but (and that's a BIG "but") you have to register to post and the only way to register is to buy Alli and enter the registration code it comes with. The code is only good for so many days and then you have to buy more Alli and enter another code. I entered both codes from both products I have and have a total of 175 days left. Hopefully I can learn everything I need from the forum during that time.

I understand it's behind the pharmacy counter because you have to be 18 to buy it, but why are the 60 capsule start packs sitting out then? That's just weird.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: