Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Week 31, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1425
Fat: 38g (24%)
Carbs: 124g (36%)
Protein: 140g (40%)

Weight this morning: 132 (One week ago: 132.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 86

A new low for a Wednesday. Yay!

I am not happy with NutriSystem customer service! I called them last night to place a "Maintenance" order of 28 snacks. I tried to apply some coupons to defray my cost. First they won't give me the $30 Buddy Bucks because I'm not on autoship, but they will give me $25. I say okay. Then they transfer me and it's suddenly $15!!! What gives?!? All I wanted to do was order some snacks! That's it!!! ARGH!

I ask to be transferred back to the first guy. They give me a supervisor and not one of the ones I asked for. She goes to talk with the first guy. She comes back and says it's $15, and the $15 is a "courtesy." Some courtesy! I am SO done with NS! This is the last (partial) order and I am going on my own because I am sick and tired of hearing different stories from different people - sometimes people in the same department! I spent an HOUR on the frigging phone just to order 28 snacks!!! What is wrong with that picture?

Good-bye NS and your "Customer (Dis)service"!

Bought the plane ticket for Seattle yesterday. I fly out Wednesday in the late morning and fly back early Sunday morning. I tried to get a later flight Sunday but the only choices were early morning or late at night. I went with morning because I have to be back at work the next day.

This blog is titled, "Confessions of a Carbohydrate Addict," and I have a non-carb related confession to make. When I am in control of my diet at home with planned menus and everything, I have very little trouble sticking to it. Knowing I have to log what I eat six days a week keeps me away from more than a few bites of the "bad" stuff.

At my sister's house there will be none of that. There will be carbs and there will be fat, especially on Thanksgiving. My sister is mostly a carb addict, but I know there will be plenty of temptations to eat fat and likely more than one meal out.

So I bought diet pills, but not the kind I usually get. This is a kind to keep me honest. Please don't rant or rave at me; I have done my research and reading, including looking through the material that comes with the pills, and watched the online videos on the Web site. I just need something to keep me away from the high-fat stuff when I start thinking, "Oh, a little bit won't hurt. After all, it is vacation." I don't want to go there. This is especially true when I'm at the airport and on my own for food.

So, yes, I bought Alli. I just got the small "starter pack" (60 tablets). When I can plan my own menus I can eat low-fat easily enough. Not so on vacation. I know I need 30g of fat a day (absorbed by my body) for good health. Don't worry about me. I just need something to keep me away from stuff that could trip me up if I give in. I hope the Alli will keep me from giving in so I don't have to deal with the side effects. I'll keep you updated on how I do.

Ok, enough said there.

Went grocery shopping today, then stopped at WalMart on my walk to work to get diet soda. That's when I bought the Alli. Thank God tomorrow is payday. Tomorrow - back to the gym for an upper body workout. My butt is so sore from yesterday's lower body workout!

I didn't mean to write a book so I'll stop now. Feel free to leave a comment if you've made it through this whole post, lol!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Cedar Acre Lady said...

I am looking forward to hearing how the Alli works for you. I myself will take a little Hoodia on occasion when out of my element. Have you tried carb blockers(I haven't)? I mainly have used the Hoodia when I get off track and need help for those first 3 days off carbs.
I would love a post on some of the meals you have had on your weight loss journey. Great progress that's for sure!

Unknown said...

My recipe link is here:
http://stumblingtobethlehem.blogspot.com/2006/12/recipe-links.html

They are low-carb recipes, but most can be adopted to be low-fat as well. I plan to make the cauliflower potatoes and sugar-free chocolate cheesecake for Thanksgiving.

I do use carb blockers when I eat more carbs than usual, but I'm not sure if they work or not. I figure they can't HURT since they have no side effects. I've used Hoodia before but it doesn't seem to help so that's why I decided to try something different for this vacation.

Anonymous said...

You have to do what works for you.:) I know what you're saying about staying at others' houses and all that. Any family gathering is kind of torturous. It also makes me feel strange like I've joined a food cult or something. I can look at a plate and see all the bad aspects of it, the carbs in the potatoes, the cream and butter it was made with, the skin on the meat. Then the tendency is to just shut it out and just eat...which is where I start getting in trouble. Hang in there, and I hope you had a good trip!

- Susan

Arthur_of_Old said...

Have a good time. You have such a wonderful family. Keep on hangin' in there.