Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Diet products, and stress at work

Calories eaten yesterday: 1397
Fat: 25g (16%)
Carbs: 113g (33%)
Protein: 145g (42%)
Weight this morning: 134.6 (One week ago: 139.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 101

Today was grocery day, so no gym. I walked from BART to work and finally stopped at WalMart. I wanted to buy several items including more Alli, but I also caved and bought NV (about $20 at WalMart). I'll start using it after my birthday when I can get back to plan without all the cheat days that the holidays bring.

A word on the SlimQuick drink mix I bought yesterday. Just like the DexaTrim Max2o, it does blunt appetite. I did a quick price comparison and the SlimQuick is cheaper per serving (about $1 per packet). At any rate, I'll attest that I have tried both of these products and they both help blunt hunger.

I also bought some Special K Protein Water drink mix. Unlike the pre-mixed kind this doesn't have any added sugar - 7g carbs and 5g fiber so only 2g net carbs and it has 5g of protein from whey. 30 calories. Pretty cool. About $5.50 at WalMart for 10 packets.

At work things have been stressful. The entire network went down yesterday (yes, the entire network. A few stations are broadcasting the Internet feed and so have programming, but most are on fill music. The RF transmit amplifier broke. All stations not broadcasting the Internet feed are down until Friday. So it's been fun fun. I was so stressed out that I skipped my evening snack so I could have a glass of wine when I got home.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

joycen said...

Thanks for the info on the Special K protein water drink mix. I am going to look for that. Probably a good thing to mix with water after exercise.

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the new computer!

I thought of you because I got 16 cranberry orange pastries in my last shipment and I can't stand them. I don't want to sell them, just give them to someone who would use them. If you want them, I'll send them to you for free - just drop me a line at skibre@gmail.com if you're interested.

- Susan (sockmonkeyninja)

Anonymous said...

Brad
New Maaaac Attack

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Congratulations on your return to the virtual world!

Richard said...

Hi Victoria -- Long time, no contract!

WOW -- the whole Family Radio network crashed?! Never heard of that happening before. I thought it was just a local thing.

But you know, the 30-minute "fill music" is really nice for a quiet Friday night at home. When it was interrupted last week in the middle of Open Forum (guess whose voice), it was a bit jarring.

P.S. Your network disappointed me again tonight. When did they cut EvenSong to 30 minutes, to add a FIFTH daily broadcast of "Family Bible Study?" I know he's serious about this 2011 thing, but I fear he's going over the edge this time vs. 1994.