Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Yesterday was a cheat day, so no nutrition stats today. :)
Weight this morning: 145.6 (One week ago: 135)
Calories burned in exercise today: 356

Happy New Year!

I'm a bit hungover today from partying too hard last night. Yesterday was a planned cheat day for me. I also somehow gained 9 pounds in one day. I was 136.6 yesterday morning and 145.6 this morning. I didn't even eat 9 pounds of food. I know my body is seriously in fat-storing mode when I can gain 9 pounds in just 1 day.

Time to get serious. I am back on track today and plan to stay on track until my birthday, a week from this Friday.

Brad stayed overnight so he wouldn't have to worry about drinking and then driving, so he drove me to the gym this morning. I did lower body today - 1 hour. Then 15 minutes on the exercise bike and 15 on the elliptical - I'm still learning what different cardio exercises do to my heart rate with my heart rate monitor.

After my workout I rushed to the train station and drank my shake and had my high-GI carb on the train. I walked from the BART station to work for extra exercise.

Assessment: I'm a bit sore from yesterday. I'm never sore after an upper body day, but being away from the gym is why I guess. I was kinda slow today, but my sugar-free energy drink helped me get through the exercises. I did great on the walking squats - 3 sets up and back down the emergency exit ramp, resting at the top and bottom. If my balance were better I would try carrying hand weights, but it's not so I hold my hands just above the railings to keep from falling over.

Today the gym wasn't very busy, but we are about to be overrun with the annual crowd of new year's resolutioners. Most leave by the end of February; a few hang on through March before disappearing. I hate it and want my gym back for those of us who are in it for the long haul. But it's about to get crazy and I have to share the gym with them until they go away. At least today was pretty quiet and I didn't have much trouble getting the machines I wanted. Only the Captain's Chair had someone on it all the time.

I have another food to add to my "banned from my house" list. While I love Special K Protein Plus, I tend to overdo it when I eat it on weekends/cheat days. So when the current box is gone, that is it. Like nuts and nut butters, I can't control myself around it.

I recorded a short intro video on my camera today. I uploaded it to Brad's laptop and hope to upload it to YouTube when he can get online from work. I'll post a link here when it's up. And don't forget to subscribe to my channel so you will know when I post new videos. Also make me a friend since comments on my videos are limited to friends only, at least for right now.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Happy New Year Victoria! I subscribed to your videos and can't wait to see what you have for us! I'll be sure to add you as a friend as well.