Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

Calories eaten yesterday: 1205
Fat: 24g (18%)
Carbs: 104g (35%)
Protein: 141g (47%)
Weight this morning: 130.6 (One week ago: 129.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 94

I must be up today because of eating one of the cookies I baked last night.

It's raining today so I didn't get much walking exercise. I had to walk down to the laundromat and back, but I took the bus all the way into work.

I came home last night to a very nice gift from Brad - a 12 cup coffee maker with a clock that allows you to set a time to brew so the coffee is ready when you get up. Along with this was a pound of Starbucks extra bold coffee, a package of coffee filters, a chocolate hazelnut biscotti from Stabucks (my favorite), and a card thanking me for my friendship. He also cleaned the stove, garbage can lid, the plastic mat under the dish drainer, took out the garbage (it was pretty full), and scooped the litter box. Wow! Thank you, Brad!

I didn't ask him to do any of this. In the past we have discussed a 12 cup coffee maker because my 4 cupper is not enough when he stays over. We have been using the pod coffee maker to make up the difference.

So I now have three coffee makers on my counter, lol! The pod maker is good for hot water for tea (I use it for that every night), my 4 cupper is great during the week when I'm making coffee just for me, and the 12 cupper will be perfect when Brad stays over, so I am keeping them all. :)

I hope to hit the gym tomorrow and then Brad and I are having Thanksgiving dinner at work. I baked the cookies last night, sampled one last night and another this morning, saved out four to eat before and after my workout tomorrow, and brought the rest into work. I asked Brad to hide them in his locked so I wouldn't eat any more.

Brad had all manner of fat and carby stuff when I walked in - a double cheeseburger with bacon from the burger joint next door, along with onion rings and fries, and a vanilla shake. I had way too many "bites" of the stuff and expect to show a gain tomorrow. After Thanksgiving of course I will show a huge gain.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Victoria, how blessed you are to have such a friend in Brad.

I have followed your blog for about 2 years now. I am no longer low carbing - Weight Watchers is working for me and they have a brand new program coming out next Sunday as well! - but I still follow your blog on occasion.

Under my husband's influence, I am slowly turning into a cat person! Within the next year or two, when my beloved dog passes on (she is very old), we will be getting two baby girl kittens. I enjoy your cat photos very much!

Keep up the great success on your weight loss.