Thursday, December 03, 2009

Monkey Wrenches

Calories eaten yesterday: 866
Fat: 19g (21%)
Carbs: 64g (31%)
Protein: 98g (47%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 277

So, I begin again on my diet. There's only one major monkey wrench coming up, and that's the bi-annual staff dinner for my department. That is next Wednesday, Dec. 9. We are going to Applebee's and I can eat healthy. I know exactly what to order so that I can stick to protein and fat foods.

I also have some overtime coming up on the 17th and 26th. I generally need to eat more when I work more because I am awake for more hours. The 17th is a Thursday and will be a 12 hour shift. The 26th is a Saturday and I'll just be doing 4 hours from 7 pm to 11 pm.

For Christmas, Brad and I will have dinner at our apartment after he gets off work. It should be fairly healthy - meat, low-carb side dish, low-carb dessert, and egg nog. The egg nog may be homemade or may be from the health food store - I'm not sure yet.

Today I did laundry - about a 33 minute round trip walk. I told Brad I'd do a few items for him and he gave me every pair of underwear he has (except for the ones he's wearing), every paid of socks, and two shirts! I told him I'm not doing that again. I'm not his wife or his maid and he needs to do his own laundry. I don't mind helping out so he can have clean underwear or something, but it costs time and money when I have to do bigger or extra loads.

After laundry I walked down to the train station, and then walked from my stop to work. I stopped to WalMart since I only needed one item. That will save Brad and I a trip this weekend.

Tomorrow we are hitting Costco and Safeway for groceries.

Dad has instructed Brad to stop giving me any money from the sale of the van. I know why. Dad's trying to "starve me out," so I will come to my senses and move to Seattle. It's not going to happen. I don't want to live in Seattle. I have a life and friends and job here in the Bay Area.

April has the final word on the matter, but she always does what Dad asks so there goes $200 a month. This is why I shortened my vacation from a week to a few days - I need to cash in all the time I can to make ends meet.

No comments: