Thursday, February 23, 2006

In defense of the pork rind

pork rindsIt's no surprise that 1 ounce of plain pork rinds has no carbohydrates. But pork rinds have almost twice as much protein as they do fat. You'll get 8.8 grams of fat and 17 grams of protein (almost as much as three eggs) for those 155 calories. All of this makes pork rinds quite satisfying - a 1-ounce bag should keep you full for hours.

Full article on AZ Central. (May require registration. It takes 30 seconds. Uncheck the boxes and you won't get spammed.)

I've really developed a taste for these, but I admit it took some work and it's an acquired taste. I grew up on potato chips and since potato chips are like poison to my body now, this is the next best thing. Buy a bag of spicy ones and dip them in cottage cheese. Yummy! I find them a good way to get my fat content up for the day when it is too low.

Picture courtesy of Evans Food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-meeeeeeeeeeen
Sister Victoria.Preach it......
Between that and Dr. Pepper it,.. IS a meal!! =-P UGHhh at least for me....=-/ hmm.

I know I know....Dr. Pepper and well. It is a Doctor that won't charge an arm and a leg for each visit. Typically, a $1.25 or a little more. Do not know any Doctor that is THAT inexpensive...=-D