Friday, February 17, 2006

Misconceptions in Canada about Atkins

This is from the official Atkins board, from a man in Canada named Peter.

---Begin quote---

I have heard about Atkins for years up here in the Great White North. There was a show this winter that said how bad this is for you - you get less than 3 cups of salad per day and that's it, plus it's all meat and fat. Eating meat and losing weight sounded good to me, so I started it the next day.

Honestly - being in week 5 now of induction, I find that assessment couldn't be more wrong. I am eating less meat than I was, it's just a bit fattier. I have very little caffeine and no alcohol.

I am eating WAY more veggies/day than I have in my life and no longer have daily headaches and mood swings. It's by no means the diet this show made it out to be. In the beginning I was saying to myself, "With all this meat, how could this be good for me?"...after week 3 I was saying, "With all these veggies, how could it NOT be good for me??"

Is this the conception of it in the U.S. and abroad?

---End quote---

What kind of misconceptions have you heard? Post a comment!

No comments: