Monday, February 06, 2006

Lifetime Maintenance!

the four phasesThat's right. I am now officially in Phase 4, the Lifetime Maintenance phase of Atkins! Here's what the official Atkins site says about Lifetime Maintenance (it's part of a discussion on Phase 3, Pre-Maintenance, in a "class" I'm taking):

Phase Three: Pre-Maintenance

When you're within five or 10 pounds of your target weight, it is time to move to Pre-Maintenance. In Pre-Maintenance, weight loss will slow down significantly. This phase lasts until you hit your target weight and maintain it for a month. (emphasis mine)

Well, I hit my goal weight on January 6, and today is February 6, so that's one month! :) Yay me! Today I weighed in at 142.8, well below my high goal of 147. (My goal weight is 142 and I have to maintain within 5 pounds.)

Thank you, Dr. Atkins!

Picture courtesy of Dr. Atkins' Diet Plan.

No comments: