Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ouch!

I think I injured myself today. It's the only day I can make it to the gym and so I pushed myself hard. I did 50 minutes of weights (five-zero!) - I think that's a new record for me! - and tried a couple new exercises. Then 21 minutes on the stairmaster; that always works up a sweat. I did 21 because 20 is the max I've ever completed, and I wanted to get beyond that - hence 21 minutes, mostly at level 4, but sometimes at level 3. Then I did 30 minutes on the crossramp elliptical. So a lot of butt and leg work today. FitDay says I burned 343 calories, so that's good.

Anyway, I think I pushed myself too hard on the weights at too high a weight. My ticeps will recover fine, but my neck and right shoulder hurt in a non-sore kind of way. I think I'll be using heat and ice for a while and hope it heals by my next workout, which won't be until Sunday.

I'm way above goal still. Last I weighed myself in the morning - a few days ago - I was 145. I weighed myself last night before bed and I was 151. I knew that would put me well above 145 in the morning so I avoided the scale this morning. I'm trying not to freak out, but body fat should only be tested every couple months if you actually want to see progress, so it's going to be awhile.

Hopefully now that I know how bad I'm screwing up on Saturday that will help me keep on track. I'm hoping to eat more veggies of Saturday. I'll still cheat a little, but I've got to cut back on the bread. 150g net carbs for one day is way too much. And I will journal my Saturday food. Just be aware that I allow myself more wine on weekends, and I'll be drinking some of the dessert wine until it's gone.

I do fine at church because I know people are watching me (except I do pig out on peanuts!). Everything goes to hell when I get home. I walk in the door wanting a glass of wine, and then I want bread and sweets and it all goes downhill fast because there's no one to hold me accountable. The cats don't care.

I have horrible love handles. I never noticed until I put on some tight shorts last Saturday and a sports bra. When I leaned over in any direction my fat rolls droop over the waist band of the shorts. Bleh. Gotta do something about that. It's like that one weight loss TV commercial: I don't want to look good for my age; I want to look good, period!

No comments: