Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today's workout

First, the XML feed for my blog has been moved, but is still around. It's near the bottom the left-hand column so you can still do that if you want. I just figured that by now everyone who wants to have my blog e-mailed to them or show up on their My Yahoo page would have done it. If you haven't, no fear. :)

I also added myself to a bunch of directories yesterday. You will find those listed below the new home of the XML feed.

Anyway...on to my post. My workout went well today even though my legs are still sore from Sunday. I couldn't find the 12 pound dumbbells so I did my dumbbells curls using the 15s. On the dumbbell tricep overhead extension I used 20 pounds, and on the lateral dumbbell raise I used 8 pounds. On the press I had the weight of the bar plus 20 pounds. I use a Smith machine (animated gif!) so I don't have to balance the weight of the bar. I did three sets of 15 back extensions holding a 15 pound dumbbell to my chest, and some crunches on the ab bench. I focus weight training primarily on my upper body and core because I figure my lower body is getting worked out during my cardio.

My strength is increasing and my fitness magazines always say to do fewer reps at a higher weight, so I am doing that. After a little more than 30 minutes on weights I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the recumbent bike. Then I stretched and boy are my legs still tight, and came to work.

I think I will move my grocery run to tomorrow and go to the gym Thursday so I have a day off between workouts. I can't hit the weights hard if I do it two days in a row.

I can only make it once next week...wah! But on the good side, I'll be missing one workout to go to Ash Wednesday services. :) Ah well, maybe I can squeeze in a quicky workout at home on my exercise bike or something on Thursday or Friday.

No comments: