Monday, May 14, 2007

Personal Training, Session 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1276
Fat: 29g (22%)
Carbs: 72g (24%)
Protein: 155g (52%)
Calories burned in exercise: 265

Weight this morning: 141.6 (One week ago: 141.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 265

I suck. For the first time I've managed to gain weight between Sunday and Monday. My body truly hates me.

Brad wants me back on Atkins. Here's what he said to me today:
As you have switched over to NutriSystem, your personality's a little bit different. You're a little more on edge...You do much better on the Atkins...You seem more glum [on Nutrisystem]...a gloomy attitude.

The personal trainer just about killed me today. The first half of the session was fairly easy. Walking lunges, calf raises, hamstring work on a ball, and relays: run forward, run backward, side to side down and back, grapevine down and back, then one final sprint forward. That was actually kind of fun. My fastest time was just under 30 seconds.

Then the sadism began, lol. He had me doing these hops (two-legged jumps forward), and had me doing two-legged jumps onto one of those raised plastic benches they use in the step class - as many as I can do in 30 seconds, and he made me do it three times! I did 11 jumps the first set, 11 the second, and 13 the third. Those two jumping exercises just about did me in! Thank God these are only half hour sessions.

He tired out my legs so much that I just did the leg press machine during my weight training and then did arms, core, and back after that. I counted the personal training session as 10 minutes cardio and 10 minutes weight training.

My next session isn't for two weeks because the race is next week so I won't be in any shape to work out on Monday.

I had a lot of energy today. I think this is due to a few factors: 1) I ate low-carb, high-protein yesterday. 2) I got enough sleep last night. 3) I had Nutlettes high-protein soy cereal for breakfast - it gave me both the protein and calories I needed to get through my workout. I just do so much better on protein than carbs. I'll have this for breakfast again the next time I go to the gym.

Found a 10 lb. Nutlettes refill on the Dixie Diners' site and bought that. That should keep me for quite a while.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Keep on truckin' V, It's hard when you are on a disciplined regimen and program. Thaaaat is why the struggle. Many quit because it's a struggle, that is when you must endure to reach the goal. You're doing so well in maintaining your focus. Definition of success,"continuing when others quit"!! You're a success. Remember though, success and failures come and go, but friends remain. =-)

Susan said...

Thanks for posting more about your training session. It sounds like plyometrics! Very challenging but will definitely give you some physical rewards.

I'm like you in that I modify the NS diet to have more protein (although I think you take it farther). I'm sorry it brings you down.

- Susan aka sockmonkeyninja on NS