Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Week 9, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1236
Fat: 25g (19%)
Carbs: 122g (41%)
Protein: 117g (40%)

Weight this morning: 139.6 (One week ago: 139.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 191

Back into the 130s today. I guess that's good.

My Mom is in the hospital again. She couldn't swallow anything and so was dehydrated. I talked to her yesterday and she said they are going to operate Friday and put a feeding tube in. They don't know if this is related to her Parkinson's disease or not. If it is she may never be able to eat normally again. She said she did get some chocolate pudding down, but it took her an hour to eat it. A person can't live like that. Pray for her if you are the praying type.

I'm two months into NutriSystem and have barely lost 11 lbs. This is depressing because I really hoped I'd be farther along by now. My stomach still sticks way out and I'm still hanging out in the low- to mid-140s, right where I always get stuck. My belt is stuck at 5 notches in, I can't wear the size 8 Levi's Brad bought me, and I feel like I'm starving all the time. I lose and gain the same three pounds of water weight every week.

I want off of NutriSystem at some point! Why can't I lose the weight? Why is my body being so stubborn?!? And Bay To Breakers is only a couple weeks off and I need to eat a lot of carbs to do well in the race, which means going off NS for a couple days. I hope I will be strong enough to do less damage than in years past. :(

I'm terrified about Bay To Breakers. I need a lot of calories and carbs to get through it and I'm afraid I'll balloon up again and it won't come off. I'm planning on eating a lot but not stuffing myself, and sending the extra food home with Brad (we always get a large stuffed crust pizza and dessert). I'll save out two pieces of pizza for breakfast - it's a great breakfast when you are planning on running several miles! I just hope I don't gain too much and that it's just water weight that comes off! The race is May 20. Lord have mercy.

I'm participating in a project called 24 Hours of Flickr. Everyone chronicles their life for one day - this Saturday - and posts those pictures up. I'll put all those pictures in a set and post the link here.

More NutriSystem food reviews. I haven't tried any new foods in a while. More are coming. I bought some foods I haven't tried off of someone.

Chicken Noodle Soup lunch - Not bad. Too small for a lunch, but I think I will put a couple on my next order. 110 calories, 14g net carbs, and 12g protein.

Chocolate Pudding dessert - This is the one without the chips. I prefer it with the chips, but this is pretty good, too. Yummy and chocolaty. 100 calories, 9g net carbs, and 12g protein.

Southwestern Style Chicken with Sauce dinner - This was great, even if the chicken was a little bland. I ended up melting a slice of fat free cheese over it and YUM YUM! 250 calories, 21g net carbs, and 26g protein.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: