Tuesday, July 14, 2009

iPhilosophize about my iPod

Calories eaten yesterday: 1211
Fat: 25g (20%)
Carbs: 71g (25%)
Protein: 162g (55%)
Weight this morning: 132.6
Calories burned in exercise today: 210

Today's exercise was just a lot of walking. I slept in and had some Egg Beaters for breakfast, then walked to the train station, and from there to work, stopping at WalMart for a flash drive for my computer. I can't afford it, but I need to backup my stuff in case of the worst case scenario of a hard drive crash. Hard drive crash=losing all my iTunes purchases.

Hotter than heck today! I had to stop at a gas station for a large Diet Coke.

Tomorrow's plan - hit the gym before work. :)
-----
I wanted to take some time to talk about the whole thing about my iPod. First of all, to respond to a comment, I wasn't aware that I needed to apologize for being a victim if crime. I have every right to feel sorry for myself because $370 went down the drain. Maybe that's a small thing to some of you, but for someone like me it is a huge amount of money - nearly a week's pay or half of one month's rent.

During church on Saturday I came across some Bible passages that might shed some light on what is going on. I know I have wandered a bit from God. I have not done what He wants me to do, and I have done what I should not do. I know I need to work on that. Maybe this is His way of getting my attention and hitting me where it really hurts.

No, He didn't make the kid steal my iPod. All He has to do is remove a little bit of His protection from me and evil will do what it can within the bounds He sets.

Proverbs 3 is one of my favorite Bible passages. It is where the "35" in one of my screen names "Newbirth35" comes from, and stands for Proverbs 3:5 (and onto verse 6). Well, later in that same chapter are a couple verses about discipline. I'll quote from the King James because there is no copyright on it:

My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. (Proverbs 3:11-12)

The cross-references for these verses led me to Hebrews 12, where verses 5-11 quote from Proverbs and expand further on this subject:

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, 'My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.' If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

"But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.


Easier to read translation of verses 5-11.


Perhaps God wants this to be a wake up call for me to focus more on Him.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: