Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family insanity

Calories eaten yesterday: 1190
Fat: 25g (20%)
Carbs: 76g (28%)
Protein: 148g (52%)
Weight this morning: 130
Calories burned in exercise today: 348

Made it to the gym today. Did an hour of weights and 30 minutes of cardio. I've been trying to do 40 minutes, but I needed the extra time to stop at the store today.

Anyway, I walked to work from the BART station (30 minutes), carrying a bunch of salad over one shoulder for more than half the distance.

Busy day at work - one of those days where I actually work for my pay, lol! Having great fun with the translators dropping out and calling boss J. and J. in Sacramento and another J. over the the TV station. Fun fun.

When that was all settled I called my sister because the money she wired still hasn't showed up (also ran a couple ideas past her about the apartment building she is overseeing for Dad). Sis said the money will be here and then proceeded to ream me out for 10 minutes about how irresponsible I am and how I should have renter's insurance and pay of my credit card every month and that an iPod isn't a necessity and it's not an investment like a house. Hello? This is NOT just a music player. It connects to the Internet and is a bit like a mini computer.

But all that doesn't matter. All that matters is that she can pretend to be my mother. I said I had a mother. She said "But not a very good one." Direct quote there and one of the worst things I have ever heard her say in my life! That was just mean and a horrible thing to say about mom. She was a good mom.

Called Dad to say hi. He was moved from the nursing home to a "family care home" where he should be happier. He was not in a good mood when I called, wants me out of the city I live in, and then railed about the economy. I tried to ask him about his new living arrangements, but it was hard to communicate. He was difficult to understand because he was slurring his words because of the Parkinson's, and he still doesn't have a hearing aid so it was hard for him to what I said.

*sigh* This is why I hate spending time with my family.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

I hope your Dad is doing better!