Monday, July 27, 2009

Upcoming: James White vs. Harold Camping Debate!

Calories eaten yesterday: 867
Fat: 21g (24%)
Carbs: 37g (19%)
Protein: 117g (57%)
Weight this morning: 130.8
Calories burned in exercise today: 388

Went to the gym today. Did one hour of weight training, 30 minutes on the stairmaster (I was dripping sweat), and 10 minutes on one of the new elipticals. I had my post-workout protein shake and then walked to work from my train stop (30 minutes).

Tomorrow hopefully I can sleep in and just do a lot of walking for my exercise.

I wanted to talk a little about my job, a video response, and an upcoming debate. As you may know, I work for Family Radio. The president of Family Radio is Harold Camping, and a few years ago he theologically went totally off the deep end and started proclaiming that the church age is over and people should leave their churches. Here is an in-depth video response from Dr. James White about this. Since then, Camping has set a date for the rapture - May 21, 2011, and another date for the end of the world - October 21, 2011.

Dr. White will be debating Mr. Camping tomorrow, July 28, and Wednesday July 29th. The latest update I found is here. Here is the Dividing Line link Dr. White mentions to listen to the debate. I will post links to the mp3s after the programs have aired.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

SellerHelpsBuyer said...

I found your blog on a search for Harold Camping James White debate. That's interesting that you work at the station. I personally agree with most of the teaching and wondered if everyone at the station agreed. Now I know. May God bless you in your walk..

PJ said...

That's hilarious! You do know that May 21, 2012 is supposed to be the (a) Mayan 'end of time cycle' and (b) McKenna's 'Timewave Zero'. So it's rather odd he would pick that precise date but a year earlier. It sounds like he had a bipolar break of sorts. Sorry about that. :-(

Good to see you again. Glad to see you are still keeping-on! Inspirational.

PJ

FRForums said...

PJ that is wrong. May 21 is not the end date of the Mayan calendar.
There is no exact date, but the year is 2013 on the Mayan Calendar.

Jimmy Fungus said...

So, you work for Family Radio but think Harold Camping is full of baloney?? That's kind of funny. Any way I am a big fan of Family Radio, even though I kind of think Brother Harold is full of baloney too. What is Harold Camping like? Is he a nice guy? Enquiring minds want to know.

I also was excited to hear that Harold Camping and Dr. White debated. I know Dr. White had been trying to get Camping to agree to a debate for years, he would even have his minions call the Open Forum and drop his name "DOCTOR.. JAMES... WHITE." They would always makes sure to use a good deal of inflection,...free advertising I guess.

Anyways, I wrote my own blog on the debate between Brother Harold and Dr. White. I would be honored if you would check it out. Mr. Harold Camping vs. Dr. James White: Clash of Theological Titans