Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 19, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1336
Fat: 35g (25%)
Carbs: 89g (28%)
Protein: 146g (46%)

Weight this morning: 135 (One week ago: 134.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 87

Crap. I gained over last week. I know why. Some "kind soul" (idiot) brought nuts to work yesterday. I found no less than three cans of nuts sitting around the building without even looking. Two cans of peanuts (my favorite!) and one can of mixed nuts. I couldn't help myself. I probably ate 100-200 extra calories in nuts alone yesterday. :( I have to stop eating these if I want to lose weight.

I am the latest victim of the "upgrades" to the NutriSystem site. I cannot get into the forum' it gives me an "invalid username or password" error. I e-mailed a couple of addresses and got no response. I called and a nice lady tried to help me, but in the end she had to admit that my information was correct and the Website just wasn't working. She gave me the tech support e-mail address. I e-mailed them and got a canned response saying it would take them three business day to get back to me! *sigh* I am really hating this. First I can't get into my clubs, and now I can't get into the forum, either. I need the support - and the distraction.

Speaking of NutriSystem, I currently owe $535, and my $153 "Maintenance" order hasn't even showed up yet. *double sigh* It will take me forever to pay this off.

I finally found something in the grocery store to approximate the NS hot dogs. The NS hot dogs are 70 calories a piece with only 5g protein. I found meatless veggie dogs that have only 45 calories and 8g protein. They were on sale so I bought four packages and stuck them in the freezer. Too bad I didn't find these before. Safeway doesn't carry fat-free real meat hot dogs.

To address the comments on the last post, yes, I do sometimes take diet pills. As "Arthur of Old" said, I don't rely on them, but I sometimes need a little kick start.

The hunger is getting to me. I have got to stay focused if I'm going to lose weight. Damn my medication! Why can't I be like so many other people on the plan and not be hungry? :(

I took a photo my my old college ID, from the spring semester of 1995, which would have made me about 24. It's just a head shot, but you can tell how overweight I already was from the round face. Click for a larger image.

my 1995 student ID card

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Lisa E said...

Congrats on your success. I don't know why people make such a big deal about diet pills. I am with yoou. I think that people should never RELY on them for weight loss, but they are great for an extra needed boost. Don't listen to the nay-sayers, look at your results. You are having success.

Arthur_of_Old said...

Your picture is a nice one of you!
Oh no, those peanuts were more than you could take, sooorry. I'll be a little more careful when those things come in. =-/ Hope things settle a little more towards goal.
You really look different in the picture from the ID. Looks very nice, and a beautiful smile! Strong and confident look.=-) Now, it's more than a look!!! It's a fact! =-)