Monday, July 30, 2007

Conference Journal, Day 1

As you can see, I got computer access! Yippee skippy!

I'm here!
Day 1
Sunday, July 29


Got up at 6 a.m. and was out the door by 7. My weight was up this morning, putting me 0.2 above my goal weight. Oh well. I have my "Pound" Nutribear here with me to keep me on track.

My plane took off on time and we landed in Portland a little before 11 a.m. The bus out to the conference site was at 12:30 p.m. I arrived at Conference around 1:30 or 2, got checked in and settled in and then explored a bit with a campus map to reaquaint myself with this place.

I'm in Edwards Residence Hall, Room 215, on the men's side. This means not just walking to the other end of the building for a bathroom, but because of the way the building is set up (men's and women's wings are not connected), to another floor. I must ask for a room closer to a bathroom next year. 216 steps round trip just to use the bathroom in the middle of the night is not acceptable.

Ok, bye! More tomorrow!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: