Monday, August 07, 2006

Conference Journal, Days 1 & 2

Of Planes and Thunderstorms
Day 1
Sunday


Sunday was long. I got picked up from my apartment by airporter van at 7 a.m. (PDT). My first flight from San Francisco to Dallas went well, but in Dallas we were delayed by a thunderstorm for about 90 minutes. I finally reached Buffalo about 10 p.m. (EDT).

We got lost on the way to the Conference site, getting in around 1. By the time I'd unpacked and made my bed, it was 2. It took me a while to fall asleep, and then the fire alarm went off at 6:45 a.m.! I got about 4 hours sleep and am not amused. Saturday night I got about 6 hours and I was also short on sleep Friday night.

"Fire!" in a Crowded Theater
Day 2
Monday


After breakfast I went back to bed, and slept until lunch.

TOM has arrived (finally!) and I am in a lot of pain. So after lunch I cam back to me room, took some Ibuprofen, and laid down again. I'd drifted off when the fire alarm went off again. That's two fire alarms within the first 12 hours of my stay here. I specifically said on my registration form that I did not want to be in the high tolerance dorm because I need quiet to sleep. So they put me in a building with a malfunctioning fire alarm! I hope this vacation gets better because this has been a shitty start.

Diet-wise I'm doing okay. I've avoided sweets so far. I asked about sugar free stuff and they said they would look into it. So many Baptists are overweight. I think it has to do with how we can't do anything without food.

I have to leave for evening worship now. Talk to you all later!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: