Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 5

5 days cheat freeSaw Mom and Bill again today. They picked me up and we went to my gym. I had to do a slightly abbreviated workout, but FitDay still says I burned 239 calories.

Yesterday I felt like I was way overeating so I jumped on my exercise bike for 35 minutes. FitDay says 139 calories burned. All the fat I ate yesterday did seem to blunt my appetite so I didn't eat after 8 p.m. and went to bed around midnight.

Mom and Bill went out to lunch at Denny's. I could have asked them to bring me back something but after not being able to count calories or carbs for the last two days I wanted to get back on plan and eat the lunch I packed (veggies and beef). I asked them to bring me back a black coffee from Starbucks, though. :) My workout tired me out and I needed the caffeine to perk me up.

As soon as all my low fat food is gone I'm going to try to incorporate more fat into my diet with 10% fat ground beef and full fat yogurt. I know these foods have more calories, so I'm not sure how that will work out. My calories have been pretty respectable on the days I can count, though, so there might be room for some leeway.

Dad will be down next weekend so that will mean more than one day next weekend that I won't be able to count. And Dad's a diabetic who makes the absolute worst food choices! The ADA diet is carbs and more carbs and he's now to the point where he thinks that blood sugar of 175 (fasting, with insulin injections) is pretty good. Thanks ADA! I'm going to whip up a lot of Atkins-friendly food for when we get together on Christmas, even though I'll have to do all the cooking myself.

At any rate, even with Dad in town and nothing but carbs all around I will make good food choices even if I have to carry food with me at all times.

I am committed to this challenge! I know the only way I could lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks would be to starve myself, but I just hope to lose something on most weeks at least. Alternatively, I could deal with no weight loss if my body fat went down. It was 24% at last check, though I think the water weight I carried at the time might have skewed the results high since it was 22.5% on the test before that when I had no bloat, and I know I am getting stronger because I can curl the 20 pound dumbbells now. I'd really like to get down to 21%, but that may not be possible.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful Mom! Bill was so nice and quite a joy to talk to. Look forward to seeing them again. I could tell they were impressed with your diet choice and results. Bill kept mentioning how good you looked and how well you've done. Is true. Congratulations on being beautifully consistant =-)!!!

Psalm 21