Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Week 1 Weigh-In

7 days cheat freeWeight: 147.6 :(
Calories eaten yesterday: 1990
Calories burned: 2128
Calorie deficit/overage: -138
Carbs: 49g
Fat: 101g
Calories burned in exercise: 275

Week 0: n/a
Week 1: 147.6

My goal: To lose the weight and/or lose body fat (even if the scale stays the same).

Since I didn't take my weight last Tuesday, this is as close as I come to a starting weight for the challenge. I don't like it, but my body resists losing weight and holds onto fat jealously. I'm hoping that as I use up the low-fat foods in the house and incorporate more fat and a little less protein, that might change. I can't wait to rid my house of low-fat junk! I must be eating too much protein to lose. I am not sure how to get that down, though.

Today is only day 7 instead of day 8 because my first day doing this challenge was last Wednesday. And so I begin again, now 10.6 pounds above goal (instead of 0.5 pounds like I was!) and way more body fat than I should have. I suck. Why won't my body lose weight? I am eating less calories than I burn! *sob* Not losing is so depressing.

Don't get me wrong. I feel better on low-carb and my health issues clear up. That alone is reason enough to stick with it. But damn. Why is my body hanging on so tenaciously to these last 10 pounds?!?

My calories were higher yesterday because I was so darn hungry after eating so little the day before. It's okay. I still burned more than I ate. The fat was so high because I bought peanuts from the vending machine and those have 34g of fat in a single serving.

My legs are sore today and I am bone-weary tired. Three straight days of working out (because that's just the way things fell this week) is exhausting. And my lower-than-normal carb intake isn't making those workouts any easier.

Brad found me an old exercise bike - for free! It's an old, green Schwinn. And this one is in better shape than my current one - the speedometer and odometer actually work! Woohoo! Now I can track how fast I am riding and how far I go. :) I'll take and post pictures of both when I can. Brad showed me the bike today, will drop it off Friday evening, and will help me get the old one downstairs to the dumpster area. It's a pretty crappy bike, but better than the one I have and that's big! Yippee!

For now, here's pictures of a similar bike (except it's brown) that I found on ebay.

exercise bike

exercise bike panel
Click on the picture for the Flickr photo with notes.

Walked over 10,000 steps yesterday (easy on gym days). I discovered today that exactly 10,000 steps for me is 4.41 miles. However, I never calibrated this pedometer. Something I definitely should do.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FREE???

Hmmmmmm,
Gotta be something...Hmmm I know...


A bag of guessss whaaaat!?

PIG skins....and a Dr. Pepper.

Then I show you a little Texas treat with those pig skins.....=-) And it's Atkins friendly....Yummmmmmyy toooo =-P