Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day 8

8 days cheat freeWeight: 147.6 (third day in a row)
Calories eaten yesterday: 1852
Calories burned: 2125
Calorie deficit/overage: -273
Carbs: 45g
Fat: 81g
Calories burned in exercise: 271

Really hungry today even though I ate a respectable amount yesterday. I keep hoping that if I follow strictly for three weeks my body might let go of the excess water I know I'm carrying. *sigh* Just gotta keep following the program, even if there's no loss. Ug...I want liposuction to get rid of this fat!

Came up with a way to lower protein a bit and raise my fat - get rid of the yogurt all together (make it a weekend treat) and sub in celery with peanut butter. :) It's at least worth a try.

Low-fat plain yogurt (8 oz.): 150 calories, 3.5g fat, 4g carbs, 13g protein.
One serving = 8 oz.

Peanut butter (2 tbls.): 210 calories, 16g fat, 4g carbs, 8g protein.
One serving = 2 celery sticks with 2 tbls. peanut butter

That's only about 60 calories difference (the celery would add a few more calories) but can much improve the amount of fat I get - 12.5g more fat and 5g less protein. It's swapping a complete protein for an incomplete one, but I get enough complete protein from meat and cheese so I'm not worried about that.

We'll see if the extra fat helps diminish my appetite at all. Most of the time I find it easy not to eat if I'm not hungry. The only exception is the weekends when I'm home more and likely to be bored.

Took pictures on my old bike today, so you can see what I currently have. Pictures of the new (used) bike to follow later. :)

my current exercise bike

my current exercise bike
Click on pictures for full size with notes.

Walked over 10,000 steps yesterday. Woohoo! My pedometer says 5.83 miles.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Sweet Tart said...

I had to put yogurt on the back burner too. It seems like such a good idea and it's creamy and delicious:-). But I've discovered that it makes me hungry and I tend to overeat it more than other protein foods. Good luck with your diet tweaks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Pig skins...!

I wasn't serious about that was just goofing off...Bluuush..=-)

I did send you some Dog confessions to give your day a boost..hehehe. They are kinda cute. Kinda funny too...Hope you enjoy then and I will see you Friday afternoon ~LW.

Lira said...

Nah. Liposuction doesn't help. The body makes use of the fat cells it has, storing or emptying fat in them. If you suck out the fat cells from one part of your body, your body just makes up the difference by storing the same amount of fat in a different spot--which doesn't help in the end.

It's cool that you have your exercise bike that you can use at home.