Friday, August 11, 2006

Conference Journal, Day 6

Finished!
Day 6
Friday


Erev Shabbat!

After breakfast was the Bible study on...what else?...Bible study! lol Then the morning business session. I was really surprised that there was no discussion over whether there should be a vote of churches on the BJC issue. There were some "nos" during the vote, but no one came forward during the discussion time to voice an opinion. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out next year when the vote is taken. The last vote by churches was nearly 20 years ago in 1987 (I think).

Anyway, with that issue NOT being a big one, business was done for the year and they called the conference business to a close! Yippee! That gave us the rest of the day as more or less free time and then tomorrow is Sabbath with lots of activities.

After business was over I took a shower and then had lunch. After lunch was a nap and then dinner and finally Sabbath Eve worship. Tonight's sermon was on freedom from oppression through Jesus. Even though the text was Luke 4:18, Pastor Mattison spent most of his sermon on Adam and Eve and their fall from the freedom they enjoyed in the garden into the oppression of sin, and how Jesus is the "second Adam," setting us free from sin. :)

The service concluded with one of my favorite songs, "Shout to the North." After the service I got a snack at the student center and as soon as I post this I'm headed to bed.

I found out my bus to the airport will be getting me at my dorm at 5:40 a.m. Sunday. Yick! And that's the late bus. The early bus is leaving at 3 a.m.

I'm fat fat fat. I think I've gained weight this week just from the sheer number of calories I ate. Bleh.

Conference next year will be held in Oregon, but a week early, starting in late July and ending August 4.

Good night, and remember that God truly loves you. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: