Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Conference Journal, Day 4

So Tired...
Day 4
Wednesday


I'm so tired. The different time zone and early morning schedule is messing with me. It's the equivalent of getting up 4 1/2 hours earlier than usual every day, so even though I'm going to bed earlier, I never feel refreshed.

After breakfast (boy, was I hungry!) and morning Bible study - today's was on prayer - I went back to my room and slept until lunch. After a lighter-than-usual lunch there was some business and then committee meetings. Reference and Counsel referred the BJC issue to subcommittee to hammer out the language to help save everyone else's time. We'll all still have to agree on it, but will cause less work for everyone else.

Between my cell phone and digital camera I'll have a lot of pictures to share when I get back.

Doing okay on my diet. I'm eating way too much, but am eating low-carb. I even avoided the french toast this morning and I love french toast. The lunch desserts aren't exciting except for the ice cream, so it's not hard to turn them down and wait until dinner. I asked about something sugar free and they provided Jello topped with tiny fruit pieces, and I have been eating a lot of that (including the fruit pieces since it is vacation).

Let's see. Basic facts. I'm in Lambein Hall, room 303, but the "ground floor" with the bridge to the street is fourth, so I have to go down a level to my room. So far no roommate (YAY!). I sleep so much better without someone snoring. Two rooms share a sink and there is no one next door so I have the sink to myself.

Last Conference I was in East Hall, with has now been renamed Gilette.

Tonight's dinner was a picnic dinner outside. It exceedingly sucked for anyone doing low-carb. The "salads" were all starch or sugar based. I finally got desperate and started picking the broccoli and cheese pieces out of the pasta salad, and the sausages were cooked with sauteed bell peppers and onions and I scraped together a bunch of that. I did not want an all meat meal! What is it with America's love affair with carbohydrates, the one thing our bodies don't need?!

The most interesting part was the guy who cooked up kangaroo and let anyone who wanted some a small piece to try. It wasn't bad, really.

Worship tonight was Pastor Bill Burks preaching on the part in Luke 4 about setting the captives free. He's a good speaker, but he went on for an hour and my attention span ran out at about 45 minutes. The remaining 15 took an act of will to stay focused.

The weather here is driving me crazy. It was freezing this morning - sweatshirt weather - and then it got so hot that I had to leave my committee meeting to change my shirt into something cooler.

"See" you tomorrow and God bless!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Tired is natural ...

Greeting from Sumbawa Islands

Anonymous said...

???
Sumbawa Islands ????


????!