Saturday, August 12, 2006

Conference Journal, Day 7

Finally Awake...
Day 7
Sabbath


Today's the first day all week I've felt rested. Of course, that's probably because I accidentally overslept. My alarm didn't go off. Breakfast was from 7:30-8:30 and I had my alarm set for 7:30. I woke up at about 8:23 or something. You have never seen anyone get dressed so fast, though I must have messed with my over-the-head dress for a good two minutes. I didn't even have time to brush my hair or put on my headcovering; I had to do that at breakfast. Then I put on my sandals with about 2 inch heels and ran (as best as I could in 2 inch heels) over to the student center where the cafeteria is. I got breakfast and Diet Pepsi to drink (their coffee is worthless and I also needed something to take my pills with). When I turned around the gate was already down signaling the end of serving.

So I was able to get a good high protein breakfast. If I had been late I would have made due with fruit (carbs) to get me through until lunch.

I had only a few minutes to eat before Sabbath School, and then rushed off to that. After Sabbath School was Sabbath morning worship - the "big" service of the week with the largest attendance.

When lunch came around I wasn't really hungry, so I dawdled until almost the end of lunch and then just had a small bit to eat so I wouldn't starve before dinner. Instead of going to the children's program I dawdled some more and just hung out talking to people. I'm not the least bit tired and don't need a nap.

I caught the end of the children's program and the beginning of Miami's Praise Dance Team, and then went back to my room to start packing since I have to leave so early tomorrow morning.

Then it was time for dinner, and while I stuck to just one dessert (a little chocolate peanut butter ice cream with tons of toppings - more toppings than ice cream), I also grabbed a bunch of carby stuff for tomorrow's breakfast since there won't be time for breakfast before the bus leaves.

They promised us some kind of breakfast on the bus, but it will be fruit and such and if I'm going to eat carbs, I want them to be junky carbs! It's become tradition over the last couple years to fall off plan on the last day of Conference. I grabbed three small slices of pizza, a chicken sandwich on a bun of super refined flour, and four chocolate chip cookies. Plus anything they give us on the bus. I would take an apple or mini muffin. I'll be on the go all day, so I'll need enough food for all day.

I've used up all my digital camera pictures, so now I'm down to my cell phone camera if I want to take anymore.

I fly home tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing my cats! I haven't missed my nightly glass of wine here, but I sure have missed my babies. God willing, I'll land in San Francisco at about 3:20 p.m. Pacific time.

I'm posting this entry early today because I am going back to my room and to bed as soon as the new president installation is over. I set both my alarm clock and my cell phone alarm for 5:10 a.m. tomorrow morning. That will give me a half hour to get upstairs to the bridge to the street. I'm mostly packed. I already brushed my teeth for today and packed the brush and mouthwash.

BTW, we got to 10,000 hits today since I installed my new hit counter November 10 last year! Scroll down to the very bottom to see the counter. :)

God bless! Pray I have a good flight home.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: