Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week 21, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1351
Fat: 39g (27%)
Carbs: 112g (35%)
Protein: 122g (38%)

Weight this morning: 133.4 (One week ago: 134.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 244

Made it to the gym. My trainer thinks it's good I'm taking a week off because I work out so much. But by the time all is said and done I will be away from the gym for two weeks and that totally sucks. But one week off won't be a bad thing. It's the second week away that will suck because I will want to get back to working out.

On my way out of the gym I found a cute tank top that was only about $6.50 even including tax, so I bought it. It's white and says, "This girl's no dumbbell" in light green lettering with a picture of a dumbbell and "Reebok" below it. Since it's a tank top I got a medium. Anything with sleeves tends to bind me in the armpits due to my large chest.

They had a party for Jon at work today, with tons of carby stuff around. My saving grace was 1) I'd just had my post-workout protein shake and that took the edge off my appetite, and 2) none of it was chocolate. I popped some sugar-free cinnamon gum in my mouth and chewed on that, then got online while everyone was eating around me and focused on the monitor. That helped.

Even the supposedly "healthy" fruit they had out was high-carb and high-glycemic - grapes, watermelon, and apricots in "honey water." Thankfully I don't care for watermelon and I stay away from honey. The granola - my weakness - had 270 calories for 1/3 cup - all starch, sugar, and fat. Brad took it back to Don's desk in the other room so I wouldn't have to stare at it.

And I'm proud of myself. I didn't take One. Single. Bite. :)

Ok, the weekend plans. Friday - bleach my roots and redye my hair for Conference, then go walking with Brad along the East Ridge Trail. I also need to start on the low-carb pizza and donuts for Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday is church, but we are not having lunch this week because so many people are gone, so I should be home early. Brad and I will have some of the low-carb pizza and donuts. The leftovers will be packed to eat Sunday since the first meal at Conference won't be until dinnertime around 5 p.m. so breakfast and lunch are on the road and on my own. Finish packing Saturday except for the essentials that have to wait for Sunday morning.

Sunday I'll drop a quick post here with my weight as well as my nutrition totals for Thursday and Friday, and Brad will be by to pick me up at 7 a.m. :-p I can't promise access next week or not so if you don't see any posts, that's why.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Arthur_of_Old said...

GET some sleep !!! =-D Please!!!

Arthur_of_Old said...

Before Midnight!!!!

Unknown said...

Have a great vacation!! Don't worry about the gym, you'll probably get in plenty of exercise!