Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 19, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1366
Fat: 41g (28%)
Carbs: 102g (31%)
Protein: 131g (40%)

Weight this morning: 134.2 (One week ago: 134)
Calories burned in exercise today: 259

Worked out today. Pretty normal otherwise. Nothing much to report. My weight is still up from a week ago. I need to buckle down and just plain eat less.

I did have a minor gym victory today. My trainer said that if I could only do one rep of something (such as one push-up on a ball) to do the one, then walk away and forget about it until next time. Well, I have applied that to the weight-assisted chin-up (photo). I would really like to be able to do a chin-up at some point (unassisted), but I am not strong enough yet. I was able to do one rep at 50 pounds, but dropping the weight offset to 40 was elusive.

Until today.

Today, my first order of business was the weight assisted chin-up, set it to 40 pounds, and proceeded to barely eek out one rep! :) Yay! I've been trying for a couple weeks, but this was my first time succeeding.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

V, that is excellent! You're gradually getting stronger, leaner, more defined. Ahh, what progress. Good job.=-)
You're a shadow of your former self!! =-) Well defined strong shadow, that is =-D