Sunday, September 24, 2006

40 Days and 40 Nights

40 days cheat freeFirst, an apology to the poor woman I blasted in the comments. She was trying, in her own way, to be helpful. I didn't ask for help and I don't recall whining about my lack of weight loss in that post, but I have been stalled. I came on as harsh as I did because I'd spent the last day getting blasted on the low-carb forum for saying that the "fat acceptance" movement is stupid and that *gasp* if people really loved themselves, they'd love themselves enough to do something about the excess weight (a statement I still stand by). Being obese simply isn't healthy. Too many health problems can result. Anyway, it was due to getting bashed for saying this that I came on as harsh as I did, and I'm sorry for that.

For the record, I've lost 60 pounds while drinking the shakes; I have no other way of getting fast protein into myself after a workout. I don't have the option of sitting down to a steak meal right after my workout. It takes time to travel to work and by then the window for getting protein into oneself after weight training has closed. And I am building muscle, so the protein is working. The second shake is to cut calories by replacing lunch with a shake.

The peanut butter was added just a few weeks ago, long after my stall began. I did it as a way to add more fat to my diet while at the same time decreasing the protein. It replaced the yogurt I was eating.

The wine is not stalling me. I have been drinking it since day one and have always lost just fine on it.

Oh man, am I tired! *yawn* I had limited time at the gym, but made the most of what I did have - 45 minutes of weights and a half hour on the treadclimber. I was dripping sweat on the machine by the end of that! I forgot to pack my peanut butter and lunchmeat for work today, and since my cardio was short I decided to walk from the BART station to work and stop at Pac N Save on the way. That got me up to 10,000 steps by the time I got to work. :)

I'm fat today after indulging yesterday. I didn't even drink any water yesterday - just diet soda and (at church) hot and cold tea. Today it's time to detox with green tea and plenty of water. My soda for today was a diet Rock Star. Did I mention I am tired? I need coffee.

Today is 40 days cheat free for me! Yippee! I sure wanted to give in after the gym. I was so tired and knew a good dose of carbs would wake me up. Especially with forgetting part of my food for the day, cheating seemed like a good idea. But I stayed the course and kept sugar free.

I received another nice PM today from someone who thought the bashing I took was wrong. This note basically said that the "clowns" who were bashing me were still "thinking fat" and that they would never be happy even if they were a size 2 tomorrow. LOL. They also pointed out something I missed - about the one post quoting the Bible verse about not judging - and all the time judging me! I have to agree that was very hypocritical. They also pointed out that the forum seems to be "hostile" toward people at goal. I have to agree. People who have succeeded seem to threaten those who haven't. And I'm not even at goal! I've been fighting the last 15 pounds for the last 18 months!

Speaking of which, hanging out in the high 140s is depressing. I'm 5'7". I shouldn't weigh more than 140, and yet I'm unable to get there. :(

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Newbirth,
I've just been reading through the thread on the low carb forum.

I actually stopped posting on the forum when I "got my act together" low carbing. I find that place in many ways demotivating. As much as I appreciate information from all sources, seeing people low carbing for years and years and still being 300lbs or more is NOT motivating for me.

You, on the other hand, are. You got up to a similar weight as my heaviest (202), and down to below my goal of 155. I'm really inspired by your commitment to exercise and combining that with low carb, healthy eating.

I'd like to thank you for posting the Fat & Fab thread. I agree with your major point: being 100lbs overweight is NOT healthy and should NOT be applauded. Yes, there's no need to discriminate against heavy people, and I don't support that, but neither will I clap and cheer for someone parading their obesity as a positive example. I wouldn't do that for smokers, drinkers, drug users or anyone else choosing to live in an unhealthy manner.

Thank you for your courage and clear thinking. I'm very sorry that you were attacked and all your valid points twisted and misconstrued. Keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

BradW says:

Love your backgrounds. I Like your fall motif here today. Hope you get your goal soon... =-)

How's the back today. Congrats on the 40 days cheat free..

hurray hurray hurray




Hey, your stalls could be your body kicking in the self-preservation limits switch. You might not be at your goal. Your body, however, may be saying " What?--, Not on my watch"! Sometimes our body will say "your goals, are NOT my goals"!

May not be true for you V~
May be a possiblity though..

One question I must ask those who condemn low-carb is,

If it,(Atkins) is soooo bad for people, why are so many doing so well and maintaining such good health???

Anonymous said...

BradW Says:

Liked the ticker....ha ha ha haaa

If you cheat when you eat, don't wail on the scale. BOL =-D

IF your cheating while you're eating
you'll be whaling while you're scaling.

Don't cheat when you eat so no whale on the scale. =-)=-P