Monday, September 04, 2006

Day 20

20 days cheat freeCalories eaten yesterday: 1642
Calories burned: 2117
Calorie deficit/overage: -475
Carbs: 47g
Fat: 77g
Calories burned in exercise: 278

Tomorrow's the big weigh-in! I'm so nervous. I just want to be under 147.6. I'll find out how much Saturday's indiscretions hurt me. I feel I will be up, but who knows? Last week I got lucky and came in even. I'm drinking lots again today hoping to get off any excess water weight for tomorrow's weigh-in.

Today at the gym I did 30 minutes on the treadclimber, 15 on the crossramp elliptical, and 20 walking. Only 10 minutes of weights.

Been "off" at the gym the last couple days - no energy. The only thing I can think is that the blood donation Friday has left me with fewer red blood cells to transport oxygen and therefore intense exercise is harder than usual. Since they only allow donations every two months, it stands to reason that it takes about that long for the body to fully recover. Here I am just three days later and I am feeling (overall) more tired than usual. Bleh. I like giving blood, but I don't like feeling like this. It just never occurred to me that a lower blood volume would equal less energy even a few days later. All they tell you is to avoid intense exercise for 24 hours.

Yesterday I was so out of it coming from the gym that I crossed the street on the red light with cars coming. One narrowly missed me and I didn't even notice until he honked at me! Yike! That is so not like me.

My new iPod is working great. I put all my songs on it last night and then charged it. I was able to rock out today with something light strapped to my arm rather than lugging a Walkman around my waist (and making my workout shorts damp). I will give Apple this much - the replacement was fast. Of course, I think being in the same state as the company probably helps. :)

Now I need a new pair of authentic headphones (nothing but the real thing will do!). I was careless and my vacuum munched on my original pair. Needless to say, in the battle of vacuum vs. iPod headphones, the vacuum won. Anyway, you can find anything on Ebay, and I eventually found a pair and ordered them.

By the way, on the pork rind issue I just want to make clear that I did not say that pork rinds are the perfect food. I said they are the perfect snack food. Which they are - no carbohydrates, high in fat and protein, and a good replacement for potato chips. The perfect food would have to be the much maligned egg - the white is pure protein and the yolk is full of healthy fats and vitamins. Unfortunately, they seem to spike my cholesterol so I've cut back and will see if that helps.

While we're at it, here's a short post entitled In Defense of the Pork Rind.

Walked over 10,000 steps yesterday. I've decided to stop taking pictures and uploading them whenever I get over 10,000 steps because I've been making that goal a lot. So now I will only take a pic and upload it if I am over 12,000 for the day, a goal I made yesterday and will make today.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAAAAAAAAA to Pork Rinds ever so sweet. Nifty snack and soooo gooooood
to eat. Good with Dr. Pepper, check it n see. It's the perfect food naturally. Pigs and Piglets, Hogs taboot think we should stick to beef, chicken, fish,but I jus don't give a hoot. When it comes to pork rinds I'm taken that loot!!!!!=-D
Support our farmers and ranchers! Eat pork rinds. Get the skinny on those porkers...=-P

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

You should feel better soon. They only allow donations once every 2 months to be sure even slow "healers" are back to normal. I'm a tad high in blood cells, so I usually feel great after donating!

This time I tried to donate they rejected me! Hct too low!! Oh well, at least I know my ferritin isn't likely to be too high. I will say I was surprised tho! I've never been rejected.

Love your comment about the egg! I've said for years that the egg is the closest thing to the perfect food!

Cindy