Thursday, September 07, 2006

Body fat test

23 days cheat freeWeight: 146.8
Calories eaten yesterday: 1719
Calories burned: 1968
Calorie deficit/overage: -249
Carbs: 56g
Fat: 81g
Calories burned in exercise: 93

Had my body fat test today. I'm a little worse than in February but better than in May (which was a fluke - I was holding onto a lot of water weight at the time). Official body fat percentage - 22.85%, so basically 23%. Some of the caliper measurements were higher than in February; some were lower. So things are moving around a bit. My fat mass is 33.76 pounds, and lean mass is 113.98 pounds. All my measurements were higher except for around my breasts; that was down a teeny bit. Ideally, I'd like 21% body fat. That would be my dream goal. The tests have shown my overall weight creeping up (144.5--146--148) . Must reverse that trend.

After the test I did 45 minutes of weights and a half hour of cardio. Then I had to leave for work, but when I got to the Coliseum BART station I had enough time to walk the rest of the way to work, so I did. FitDay says 331 calories. The walk from BART helped up my total steps so that I had over 10,000 by the time I got to work. My goal is 10,000 steps per day, but I don't always make it. However, I'll feel just as good if I can keep my average over 10,000, with the high step days balancing out the low step ones.

I did 8 reps on the first set of dumbbell curls today! That's the highest number of reps yet. Set 2 and 3 were 7 and 6 reps, respectively. I use a 20 pound dumbbell.

I'd like to be able to do men's push ups. I was inspired by my women's muscle and fitness magazine, which had an article on it in the last issue. I can do girl's push ups pretty well, but the male ones elude me. This is definitely something I'll be working on. :) I will do this!

Here's my FitDay graph showing calories eaten (in orange) and burned (in purple) for the past week. As you see, I should be losing.

FitDay graph
Click to enlarge.

My dental appointment is tomorrow (4 pm). Pray for me.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Good luck on the push ups!!! And be sure to let us know how you progress.

I chuckled when I read your comment. I wonder if you blow some of the guys away with your lower body strength? I've found myself, and read several articles that say it's much easier for women to build lower body and for men it's upper body. I know for sure that's it with me!!!! I jump for joy over each and every pound increase in upper body, but often go up by 5 pounds when increasing in lower body.

I'm looking forward to having my body fat in the normal range, you have made so much progress!!!