Sunday, September 17, 2006

Blogger Beta and commenting

Bumping this post back to the top for any who haven't seen it yet. For those who have implemented at least one of my requests, THANK YOU!

For all of you who's blogs I read, you need to know that Blogger is currently operating two systems. There's the old system we all know and love, and there's the new system, Blogger Beta. Unfortunetly, for now, once your blog is switched to Beta, you can only make comments on other Beta blogs. And most of you aren't on Beta yet, hence my silence.

Eventually everyone will have to switch to the new Beta system, so consider making that change now. Just go to http://beta.blogger.com/start and follow the directions.

Until then, I may want to comment but will have to hold my silence. Like I really wanted to comment on the question about Dreamfield's pasta, but I couldn't post!

In the interim, could you please enable anonymous comments if you haven't? It would make life for those of us on Beta a bit easier by enabling us to say something. I'm not ignoring you guys, really!

4 comments:

Jimmy Moore said...

This has been my biggest frustration with the Blogger Beta update, Victoria. That along with the inability to do a keyword search which I have had to go to Google for. :( Maybe they'll have it all worked out soon.

Anonymous said...

You can still leave comment across the 2 systems, by using "Anonymous" or "Other" profiles (if that's enabled on the blog you want to comment, of course)..

Unknown said...

That's exactly the point of my post, Doug. A lot of people don't have it enabled and I am asking them to.

Unknown said...

Jimmy,

You can search if you go to the magage post page. That search works. Of course, only you have access, but it beats having to Google it. Others will still have to Google for now.