Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thanksgiving will be with my family... :(

44 days cheat freeWeight: 143
Calories eaten yesterday: 1653
Calories burned: 2094
Calorie deficit/overage: -441
Calories burned in exercise: 265
Fat: 80g (46%)
Net carbs: 54g (14%)
Protein: 124g (31%)

As of yesterday I have over 400,000 steps toward my million step challenge. I'll make it!

I went grocery shopping, but Safeway was out of pork rinds. I walked the last 1.5 miles to work and stopped at WalMart for the pork rinds. Tonight is laundry. I bought more breakfast sausage so I'll fry that up. It gets cooked in the microwave, but looks terrible if it isn't fried first.

Tomorrow I'm going to try making the sugar free chocolate cheesecake. I think I will also add some sugar free chocolate chips. Speaking of sugar free, Safeway had sugar free Torani vanilla syrup today. I snagged a bottle.

The big news today...my sister is free for Thanksgiving so it looks like I'm spending Thanksgiving with her and Dad in Seattle. Gack. And double gack...she wants me to drive up with Dad. She has a four day weekend; I do not. I gained 10 pounds during the time I was at her house for her wedding. She's a low-fatter. This is going to majorly suck, even if I do some low-carb cooking, which I plan to. I still see so much hard work going down the drain. One day off plan, okay. But 3-4 days off plan? The last time I did that for my glucose tolerance test I gained 10 pounds - weight I am still trying to get off.

April has never had a weight problem in her life and doesn't take a medication that makes her hungry 24/7. She also doesn't have the issues with food that I do. So she doesn't understand why I have to low-carb and why a little cheat can turn into a major binge, or that I really can gain 10 pounds of real weight in 5 days.

I finally got back to the 6th notch on my belt today. I am so not happy about this news.

One piece of good news - I got my reimbursement check from my employer for 80% of the $600 I spent at the dentist last week. Now I can put some money toward the rent. Thankfully, there were three paychecks this month instead of the usual two, so I'm not hurting at least.

Walked over 14,000 steps yesterday.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Would your family understand if you say you have to follow a diet prescribed by your doc? Or if you just say for medical reasons? If they ask what, tell they you're insulin resistant and this is the diet you MUST eat!

Besides, if you respect your sister for her way of life, shouldn't she respect yours? ("Big sister"?)

Good luck....I just found out today my daughter is comeing home for Christmas this year!