Monday, September 25, 2006

The dogs are still attacking...

41 days cheat freeCalories eaten yesterday: 1469
Calories burned: 2147
Calorie deficit/overage: -678
Calories burned in exercise: 340
Fat: 68g (44%)
Net carbs: 60g (17%)
Protein: 98g (28%)

Diamondwife tells me they are still attacking me at the low-carb forum over my refusal to accept the fat acceptance movement. Here's the comment she left here:

Hang in there. I always value your insight, that's why I come to your blog. They are way off-base over there. One person even compared your disagreement with the "fat acceptance" movement to racism. Give me a break!

I guess all logic has gone out the window because (and I'm sure my intelligent readers have already figured this out) there's a big difference here - people can't choose their skin color. 99.9% of obese people could do something about their weight if they wanted to; no one can do anything about their skin color. This kind of basic logic, however, escapes those blinded by anger. These people really do have issues that they are projecting onto me. They are truly threatened by my success.

I received a wonderful comment on yesterday's post about this whole debacle, and I'd like to share it here.

Kate said...
Hi Newbirth,
I've just been reading through the thread on the low carb forum.

I actually stopped posting on the forum when I "got my act together" low carbing. I find that place in many ways demotivating. As much as I appreciate information from all sources, seeing people low carbing for years and years and still being 300lbs or more is NOT motivating for me.

You, on the other hand, are. You got up to a similar weight as my heaviest (202), and down to below my goal of 155. I'm really inspired by your commitment to exercise and combining that with low carb, healthy eating.

I'd like to thank you for posting the Fat & Fab thread. I agree with your major point: being 100lbs overweight is NOT healthy and should NOT be applauded. Yes, there's no need to discriminate against heavy people, and I don't support that, but neither will I clap and cheer for someone parading their obesity as a positive example. I wouldn't do that for smokers, drinkers, drug users or anyone else choosing to live in an unhealthy manner.

Thank you for your courage and clear thinking. I'm very sorry that you were attacked and all your valid points twisted and misconstrued. Keep up the fantastic work!


Thank you for your encouragement, Kate!

Didn't get any exercise today except for the 1.5 mile walk from the BART station. FitDay says 89 calories. Oh well.

I forgot food again today. This time it was the pork rinds. So I substituted 2 more tablespoons of peanut butter. Yum!

Tomorrow is the official weigh-in for the 30-in-30 Challenge. I don't know if I'll make a new low. I was 145.4 last week and about 147 this morning. That's an approximate weight, not an official one, but I am up still over last week. I hope I can lose it today. Going to drink lots of water! I'll update my tickers one way or the other.

Walked over 14,000 steps yesterday. 6.45 miles.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: