Thursday, September 21, 2006

The bashing continues...

37 days cheat freeWeight: 144
Calories eaten yesterday: 1242
Calories burned: 1943
Calorie deficit/overage: -701
Calories burned in exercise: 81
Fat: 62g (46%)
Net carbs: 50g (17%)
Protein: 75g (25%)

I'm not going to post my menus anymore since people seem to think that posting it means I want it critiqued. Get this clear: If I want advice, I'll ask for it. I posted it because my FitDay journal is out of order and doesn't make sense to some people. I guess it was a bad idea to flesh out the food breakdown. From now on I will just post the total fat/carbs/protein and the percentage that comes to.

I didn't lose even water weight today because my calories were too low yesterday. I get it now - anything below 1300 and my body goes into starvation mode. Lesson learned. I was upset because of the bashing I got on the low-carbers forum and I don't eat when I get upset. Today I am making sure to eat, no matter how upset I am.

snakeThe bashing on the low-carbers forum (I will not link to the forum obvious reasons) continues. People are ascribing all sorts of motives, thoughts, and even words to me that I have never said or thought. It would be funny if it weren't so vicious. Animated GIF courtesy of www.DreamSignature.com It's clear they see my name and react viscerally, without actually reading what I say (otherwise they would know that they are believing total lies). But in an effort to discredit someone, lies must be made up. Say it long enough and loud enough and, like the low-fat lie, people will believe it.

These people have some real issues, that, as one person PMed me, they are seem to be projecting onto me. I would love to show you the sweet note this person sent, but as it was a private note, I won't do so without her permission.

I received another kind note saying that people were taking what I said out of context - something I have noticed myself. But, like the debaucle at the depression forum, their minds are made up that I am evil and therefore have nothing useful to say. Too bad there is no "ignore" feature, only a "buddies" feature.

One basher suggested "ridiculing" people who exercise because they might hurt themselves. She was intimating that I was ridiculing people who didn't exercise. I wasn't, but putting words into my mouth makes her look better by putting me down. As I said, these people have issues - very serious issues that they are projecting onto me. It's really quite sad. I expected better from this group but human nature never fails to disappoint me. These people seem truly threatened by my success. Very, very sad.

Well, they have won the "debate" because I refuse to argue with people who refuse to read my arguments. A debate has to be two-way and this was one-way - "Bash Victoria and don't listen. She threatens us because she's succeeded. We can't feel threatened so we must attack her."

Diamondwife posted about all this on the my old stomping ground, the About.com Weight Loss forum, where I was jumped on for posting the anti-low-fat article. Here's her post. You can navigate through the rest of the discussion at the bottom of the page. I don't feel welcome there so I don't go there anymore, but I found it as I was looking through my site tracker. Lots of hits from the bashing thread in the low-carbers forum.

Due to an unfortunate incident here this morning, new rule for this blog, effective immediately:

If you comment anonymously you must sign your name to your comment. I'm tired of people who don't even know me posting advice, etc. and hiding behind their anonymity. Any anonymous comments found to be unsigned will be deleted at my discretion. The only other option is to disable anonymous comments, but there are some people without blogger accounts who are supportive of me (hi Brad!). I may enable moderation for a time.

In case you think I'm not serious, I am. I once asked for people to give actual reasons why taking pictures of fat people was wrong (or not). One woman hit the roof and went off with nothing but emotion. Her comments were deleted, sometimes without being fully read (I could tell from the first sentence what the rest would say). She got really pissed that breaking the rules got her comments nuked, lol!

The showers at the gym are fixed so I will be able to work out and shower and then walk to the dentist's office. So I will get to work out tomorrow after all! Since I hit the weights hard today, tomorrow will be straight cardio.

Yes, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. This is for the deep cleaning/root planing. I'd be lying to say I'm not scared. I had this done 10 years ago and it hurt. I'm going to ask for gel to numb my gums, but somehow I think they won't like the idea.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lynch mob was bad. I really do think they were projecting their own issues onto you. After awhile, the thread was so convuluted I couldn't stand to read it. It was very off topic. And yeah, some of the attacks were highly personal.

You're a very point blank, straight forward person and people do not always like that.

I did see a few posts come on in defense of you, which I thought was quite brave, but I'm not going to look anymore now.

Don't let this get you down. I do value your experience and advice on the forum.

Steve said...

Hello, I just found your blog off of the Protein Power site.

I just wanted to comment on your dentist trip since I just had the Cleaning/root planing done. It really is not that bad, wit the new gum numbing gels and novacaine, it really did not hurt that much (its mostly mental).

Anonymous said...

You'd be amazed how ineffective it is to be super-defensive and write off people who disagree with you as "bashers", compared to honestly listening to what they have to say and perhaps admitting that what you said might have been presumptuous or hurtful.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

BradW says: You hang in there~Just don't let them hang you.=-P

Victoria, you are a heart and you are honest. You also don't back down. You state the facts and you search to find the answer before you speak. I have found if you say something, it can be relied upon.

Problem is, when people think they know correctly and proven wrong they go into defense mode or Attack! It seems few look to their info and and ajust with the new correct data.

I admire your way of doing things and straightforward attitude. We need people like you to see things
with the reality lense. Kinda Checkpoint person.

Yet, you are not harsh. Seems people take offense at times to the well presented points
taking it as an assault. How sad. They see you as pushing an unhealty
diet (which I to thought until I sought and learned differently) and are not very astute with the data available. Even Doctors and Registered Dieticians are adrift with foolish unscientific dogma. How is the common man and woman led. Be merciful and kind. If they are offended~ Walk on. There are many more who will thank you and appreciate the right and good info....=-)It might even save someones life.

Unknown said...

Kristine,

You'd be amazed how how inneffective it is to attack others. I was defensive BECAUSE I was attacked. No attack, no defense.

If you felt it was presumtuous or harmful, that is YOUR issue, not mine. I've had all night to think about this, and I did nothing wrong. My statements were consistently taken out of context. I said no different than others who supported me, and yet I was the only one attacked. Why is that, hmmm?

Unknown said...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for dropping by! They won't use the novacaine - it cost big bucks and I can barely afford the procedure itself since I don't have insurance. I'm hoping they will do the gel for free and I'd be happy with that.

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

So sorry to hear that you've been bashed on the forum. I barely bother to go there lately. Same old, same old. I do know what you mean about bashing tho....been on the receiving end of that a few times myself! (I got attacked on About's Diabetes forum for daring to disagree with their beloved leader....even tho she was blatantly WRONG! and I had evidence to back me up!)

I've always enjoyed your posts....on there and on Jimmy's blog. That's how I found your blog!!!!

Good luck with your planing....some aren't too bad, so you just might be surprised!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I always value your insight, that's why I come to your blog. They are way off-base over there. One person even compared your disagreement with the "fat acceptance" movement to racism. Give me a break!