Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So tired...

43 days cheat freeWeight: 143.2
Calories eaten yesterday: 1521
Calories burned: 1953
Calorie deficit/overage: -432
Calories burned in exercise: 90
Fat: 80g (49%)
Net carbs: 48g (13%)
Protein: 102g (28%)

Down to 143.2 today. Yippee!

Working out makes me so tired. After 45 minutes of weight training, 22 on the treadclimber, 8 on the elliptical, and 9 walking on the treadmill, I am so wiped out. A medium coffee at Starbucks did nothing, and my 16 oz. diet Rock Star energy drink is only minimal help. Could it be lack of food? I had a protein shake after my workout, so that's some calories right there. At least FitDay says I burned 265 calories, and my graph is showing an overall downward trend (finally!). That's something.

No gym tomorrow; it's grocery day. Gee, is it Wednesday already? This week is flying by! I can't believe tomorrow's my Friday. Yippee!

My walker tracker badge has been updated to add miles along with total steps and average steps. Check in the upper part of the left column for the new addition.

I don't know how long I can keep up this lower calorie diet, even if I am losing. I go hungry enough on 1900 calories a day. You can imagine what 15 or 1600 does to me! I'm so close to goal, but I can't lose at 1900 calories a day no matter how low my carbs are. I do believe low-carb is the healthiest way to eat because it's the way our paleolithic ancestors ate, but for weight loss, it really does come down to the calories for me, not the carbs. Low-carb does help diminish those constant carb cravings I used to have, though.

I started Atkins because it promised that I wouldn't have to go hungry to lose weight. I haven't found that true for myself, though I know many others swear it's true. I chalk it up to my medication. I believe it causes weight gain by 1) causing carb cravings and the whole insulin cycle, and 2) causing me to just plain be hungry all the time.

But I probably wouldn't have tried very hard to lose weight knowing what I know now - at least for me, weight loss AND maintenance will involve some hunger. I can handle that now. Two and a half years ago I couldn't have.

The forecast for the next week is cooler weather so it looks like the Bay Area's short autumn season is here. Time to pull out the long sleeved shirts and the sweatshirts. The first rain of winter shouldn't happen for about another month.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: