Monday, January 09, 2006

BART raises fares again

I'm so pissed about this and SO not amused. BART fare used to be $1.25 for "base fare," the fare to get in the gates and go (usually) 1-2 stops. Of course, it goes up from there based on how far you're going and where you're going. Well, as of January 1 they raised fares yet again so that base fare is now $1.40. I don't want to think what my San Francisco trips will now cost me. :-p

So that's a $1.40 per ride, 2 rides per day, 5 days a week. That's $56 dollars a month, not counting trips into San Francisco (two trips per month). Plus $70 now for my monthly bus pass, and $1.50 for the Muni bus in San Francisco. I swear to God, driving can't be that much more expensive. *sigh* So $56 + $70 + $3 (for two Muni trips per month) = $129. And that still doesn't count the BART fare into the City. That's around $6 last I checked, so add another $12 (for two trips), subtract the two $1.40 rides saved, and you get $138.20. Just to get around on gosh darn public transit for one month!

No comments: