Sunday, January 22, 2006

Woohoo!

Woohoo! I feel good, but sooo exhausted. Having a big cup of java to help wake me back up and keep me alert. Went to the gym today and worked my butt off. I stayed away from the dessert wine and other high carb stuff yesterday, but I still went over on my carbs. How do I know? I ran a mile on the treadmill today and had tons of energy. I could have gone further if I wanted to push myself, but didn't feel like it. Then I set the treadmill to 15% and did about a 1/2 mile that way. Then I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes. Then I did weights for 30 minutes. After getting off the elliptical I checked my heart rate the way Curves taught me and I was in the cardio range.

I need to get weighed and measured again and get my body fat checked.

Whew! Am I tired! Tomorrow will be a 12 hour day so no exercise. I should be able to make it to the gym 3 times this week, though! :) Tuesday will probably be a shorter workout due to the 12 hour shift (and lack of sleep) the day before. So I'll sleep in a bit and show up late.

Being Sunday the gym wasn't crowded at all. The gym I go to is in the downtown and really gets slammed on workdays - people come before work or on their lunch or after work.

Brad and Regina came over for dinner and drinks. I made low carb pizza and Regina said she liked it. To drink I stuck with wine but probably had too much, lol. Ate tons of nuts yesterday - peanuts and almonds - and had about 3 low carb candy bars. I'm back on plan today.

No comments: