Friday, January 13, 2006

Birthday dinner

Tonight I went to Eleanor's house for my birthday dinner. As we talked about various issues, including Atkins, she insisted to me that Atkins isn't "balanced" because you have to eat lots of carbs to have a balanced diet. She says that veggies won't fill me up, and wants me to see me eat more fruit, even though I explained to her that I can get in veggies all the nutrients that fruit has, and without the sugar. And yet she can't deny that Atkins has worked for me, right down to improved blood lipids. This from a woman who has never struggled with weight.

Keep in mind what I did eat tonight - salad, brussel sprouts, and fish. Just no starch. And because there's no starch, it must be unbalanced.

Some people are just so stuck in ancient science that they won't look at new research. Once people thought the world was flat, and many refused to believe that Galileo might be right.

No comments: