Monday, January 23, 2006

Overtime Blues

My legs are a bit sore from the heavy workout yesterday, but it's a good sore. Looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow, but it will have to be a shorter, lighter workout because of the overtime today, and lack of sleep last night, so I'm going to sleep in a bit and get to the gym late.

The lack of sleep was due to two things: 1) getting off so late last night and so getting to bed really late, and 2) somebody's car alarm going off repeatedly for long periods of time at 3:30 this morning. I was NOT a happy camper. It would stop for 5-30 seconds, and then start up again, and every time you thought it would finally stop, it started back up. Must have woke up most of the neighborhood. I was too tired to even look out the window and see if there was anything going on. I just stayed curled up hoping each time it stopped would be the last. The cats seemed to get a bit agitated after a while and started moving around more. I had a glass of wine and a Benedryl before bed, and wore earplugs last night and I still got woken out of a deep sleep. I'd like to strangle the idiot who let it go on so long.

Didn't bring enough food to work. The combination of being tired and working overtime tends to make me really hungry. I should have brought extra salad, but in lieu of that, I'll just have to raid the vending machine downstairs for peanuts.

2 comments:

April said...

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for looking in on my blog... I know you've read the Atkins book, I think your blog is great and very informative. It's the people who haven't and then complain about the diet who drive me crazy... as you mentioned in several recent posts.

And it's awesome that you're still hitting the gym in spite of lack of sleep! Thanks for setting a great example... I'll remind myself of that when I start to think I'm too tired to go workout this afternoon!

I love your blog! Keep up the great work!

april
of April's CR Diary

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the visit as did Gina...Congrats..

Thanks, good work, ata girl you show 'em!! =-)