Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Weight of the Evidence

I found a another great low carb resources, this one from a more scientific perspective. I hope I can understand any "medical-ese" I run across. The following mini bio in from Jimmy's blog.

Regina WilshireAs a fellow columnist over at LowCarbNewsline.com, I have grown to appreciate the in-depth knowledge and research that Regina Wilshire brings to the low-carb industry. Her no-nonsense statistical prowess is unmatched and she has a deep passion for sharing the scientific evidence that proves a controlled-carb nutritional plan is a healthy and permanent way to lose and control your weight. She and her husband founded the Carbohydrate Awareness Council in 2003 and Regina shares her insight on the latest research about low-carb at her blog. She will be a force to be reckoned with as more and more research is released over the next decade.

3 comments:

Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Victoria,

THANKS for the review of my book at Amazon.com. I can certainly appreciate your attention to detail and your honesty about the grammatical errors in the book.

That's the ONE thing I regret about the book that I cannot change now without paying a bookoo of money to fix. There are exactly FIVE mistakes that don't change the message of the book one bit.

But they are mistakes nonetheless that unfortunately will not be corrected unless a big-time publisher decides to offer me a book deal to reprint it with updates. If that ever happens, then you bet your sweet bippy those mistakes will be eradicated forever!

THANKS for telling people it isn't a "how-to" book, but rather a book of inspiration for anyone wanting to lose weight. While low-carb is MY passion since it worked so well for me, I certainly encourage people to find something that works for them and stick to it.

You are doing a great job with your blog and I enjoy reading what you write about. SEE YA!

Jimmy Moore, author of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net

Unknown said...

I just did a quick count. I count 18 typos, mostly grammatical, but a couple spelling errors as well, one of which a spell checker would have caught.

Jimmy Moore said...

Well, that's my initiation into the wonderful word of self-publishing. LOL! I promise to do better on my next book. :)

THANKS again for your support!

Jimmy