Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Calories will be moderate today - between 17 and 1800, which isn't bad for me. Hopefully it will be on the low end, unless I get an attack of the munchies. Made it to the gym and worked hard - 40 minutes on weights, 30 on the elliptical machine, and 30 walking on the treadmill. FitDay says 312 calories. I wanted to do more time on the elliptical, but was too tired.

The gym is still busy with the new year's resolutioners. When I walked in at 11:50 a.m. every single treadmill and elliptical were being used. I decided to do weights first, and by the time I finished things had cleared out a bit.

I have to get weighed and measured. I also wonder if it will be possible to get back to 142 if I'm hitting the weights. So really, I'll be happy with a reduction in body fat, even if my weight doesn't go anywhere except up. Hopefully I can get weighed and measured next week and find out if I'm making any progress.

My latest new year's resolution is to do at least 30 minutes of weights every time I go to the gym. And now that I have dumbbells at home I have no excuse for not doing weight training when I can't make it to the gym.

Friday and Saturday will both be non-counting days for me. I'm going to the movies Friday and will probably sneak in snacks. I love buying popcorn, but it has too many carbs. Even the Russell Stover sugar free candy (only available at the Emeryville theater) causes me to show a gain the next day. I figure the sugar alcohol is raising my blood sugar so I need to stay away. Anyway, I'll remain Atkins-friendly, but probably won't count either day, though I may end up counting Friday. We'll see. I may decide to eat at the mall the theater is at.

Friday will be an early day after staying up late Thursday doing laundry. I have to be in Daly City by 2 p.m. :-p The next movie after that runs into Sabbath and I'd like to at least be heading home by dark.

1 comment:

SolitaryDancer said...

Hi and thanks for stopping by to see the pics of my furbabies.

I like your blog, especially your posts regarding Atkins. I have quite a bit of reading to do to catch up with you.

I've added you to bloglines so I don't miss out.

BTW, sugar alcohols raise my blood sugars as well.

Deb